Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan
Lastikman is a Philippine action dramedy fantaserye based on Mars Ravelo's comic book character of the same name. The show initially aired on ABS-CBN from September 24, 2007 to January 25, 2008 replacing Margarita. Vhong Navarro played the title role. The story follows Miguel (Vhong Navarro) who transforms into a superhero who came from another planet.
Lastikman received the highest average rating (36.4%) for a Philippine television series in 2008 according to NUTAM.
Prologue: The Adventure Begins
Amon Labao, the matriarch of the planet Igbao in the galaxy Harraio, orders her subjects to conduct extensive experiments upon humans, their first being the abducted Ruth Abelgas. However, one scientist, Irroian, aids in her escape, and the pair fall in love, leading to Ruth giving birth to Eskappar.
When the Council determines that Ruth must be executed, Irroian seeks the help of his friend Agaddon in returning her to Earth, but a Council spy named Maraam learns that Ruth is with Irroian and arrests him. Meanwhile, Agaddon escapes with Ruth to Earth, and is determined by the Council to be the "actual" traitor.
Once released, Irroian continues to raise Eskappar in Harraio, but because Eskappar assumes human form, Irroian eventually attempts to escape with him to Earth for fear for his son's life. Irroian is shot by Maraam's guards during the attempt, but he manages to send Eskappar to Earth with Butao, a robot containing a recording of Irroian with instructions for Eskappar to search for Ruth.
After Eskappar lands on Earth, he sees a man, Caloy, and follows him. However, when Caloy falls into a surging river, Eskappar uses his elasticity to save Caloy's life. Caloy eventually assumes that Eskappar is a lost foreigner, and takes him home, where he names him "Miguel" and raises him. Several years later, Miguel witnesses the death of his foster father, and decides to become Lastikman.
Chapter 1: Mothra
Susan Navarro, an ex-beauty queen and interior decorator, is kidnapped by Agaddon and transformed into "Mothra," a moth-like monster that spreads respiratory illnesses and manipulates men. She later appears in a park, where she infects passersby and kills them. A photographer named Albert chances upon the scene and is left alive by Mothra to spread the story of the virus outbreak. Later that evening, Susan's mother recognizes her as Mothra from a photograph in a newspaper and wonders if this is a punishment for her relationship with Danny. At the same time, Evilone Pharmaceutical offers to find a cure for Mothra's victims.
Meanwhile, Miguel is depressed because Yellena is planning to reconcile with Ken. He avoids his friends and takes a day off to take his mind off Yellena. When his friends check on him that evening, Miguel announces that he wants to drop out of school. However, his friends dissuade him from his rash decision. The next day, Miguel returns to school and is again attracted to Yellena. Though Yellena is still intent on reconciling with Ken, he is busy practicing sports, and Miguel sees the situation as an opportunity to be close to Yellena by consoling her.
Chapter 2: Beautiki/Byutiki
Ines Samantela, a teacher at POPU college, is found by Agaddon and voluntarily transformed into "Beautiki (Byutiki)", a lizard-like creature that can use acid to melt her victims away. She uses her new-found power to destroy those who she believed had hurt her, including one of her relatives.
Chapter 3: Alingasaw
A paparazzo named Albert Langitan is tasked to tail Lastikman and secretly photograph him. However, he is found by Agaddon and transformed into "Alingasaw", manipulator of insects and worms.
Chapter 4: Morphino
Mang Ninoy, a sari-sari store owner in Bgy. Bagong Unlad, is found by Agaddon and talked into being transformed into "Morphino". He can transform to resemble others, and uses this ability to impersonate and discredit Lastikman.
Chapter 5: Lagablab
Ryan White, Yellena's older brother, was angry at Miguel, blaming him for her death and his mother Ayessa's stroke. Jared convinced him to turn into "Lagablab", controller of fire. Jared had also turned the rest of the Foremen into Ryan's minions to destroy Lastikman. Still, Lastikman managed to defeat the Foremen. Infuriated, Jared had other plans in mind in order to acquire his ultimate soldier.
Chapter 6: Frosta
After witnessing the murder of her son Ryan in Lastikman's hands, the half-dead Ayessa White allowed herself to be under Jared's command. Jared turns her into a manipulator of ice and heals her paralysis. She calls herself "Frosta".
Chapter 7: Elemento
Because his stone, Liwata, was completed, Jared Evilone was able to use it to unlock the powers of fire, wind, earth, and water. He turns into "Elemento", master of the elements, in order to battle Lastikman for Ruth's attention and love as well as to finish his empire's completion.
He was weakened upon the removal of his completed stone, Liwata, but as he was left for dead, Toto listened to his instructions and brought about Elemento's final transformation.
- Vhong Navarro as Eskappar / Miguel "Migz" Asis / Lastikman: a half-human, half-alien superhero who possesses the ability to stretch and distort his body, and takes his alias from the word "elastic". Coming from the extragalactic planet Igbao, he was originally named "Eskappar" by his parents, and was given the name Miguel when he came to Earth. Lastikman spends much of the series fighting against monsters created by Agaddon while searching for his mother, Ruth.
- Iya Villania as Yellena White
- Gloria Romero as Amon Labao
- Cherie Gil as Ayessa White / Frosta: the mother of Yellena and Ryan White
- Dawn Zulueta as Ruth Abelgas: the mother of Miguel
- Zsa Zsa Padilla as Cynthia "Cindy" Evilone: the alter ego of Ruth
- John Estrada as Dr. Jared Evilone/Elemento
- Roxanne Guinoo as Cassandra "Sandy" Evilone
- Jake Cuenca as Kenneth "Ken" Madrigal
- Jomari Yllana as Mang Ninoy / Morphino: a sari-sari store owner in Bgy. Bagong Unlad
- Carmi Martin as Dolores Puntawe
- Ian Veneracion as Agaddon: a harraian scientist and nemesis of Lastikman
- Tonton Gutierrez as Irroian: the father of Miguel
- Sunshine Cruz as Susan Navarro / Mothra: an ex-beauty queen and interior decorator
- Enchong Dee as Rafael "Raffyu" Gipit
- Empress Schuck as Madonna Puntawe
- Jason Gainza as Carlos "Caloy" Asis
- James Blanco as Albert Langitan / Alingasaw: a photographer tasked with taking photos of Lastikman
- Danilo Barrios as Ryan White / Lagablab: the older brother of Yellena
- Archie Alemania as Chikoy
- Saicy Aguila as Ines Samantela/Beautiki: a teacher at POPU college
- Jairus Aquino as Young Eskappar/Miguel
- Alex Cortez as Maaram
- Toni Gonzaga as Gemma Dela Rosa - TV News Reporter
- Issa Pressman (credited as Louissa Pressman) as Young Yellena
- Jairus Aquino as Young Miguel / Eskappar
- Camille Prats as Teen Yellena
- John Prats as Teen Miguel / Eskappar
- Jacob Dionisio as Young Chikoy
- Sophia Baars as Young Sandy
- Andrew Muhlach as Young Ryan
- Carlo Lacana as young Ken
- Paulo Sadist as Reden
- Claire Vanessa Lim as Kim An Yoong
- CJ Jaravata as Eva
- Peewee O'Hara as Aling Mathod
- Gilette Sandico as Judith
- Georgia Ortega as Choleng
- Basty Alcanses as Cyruss
- Eva Darren as Susan's Mother
- Marvin Raymundo as Don
- Jordan Castillo as Toto
- Nonie Buencamino as Danny
- Paolo Ramirez as Jerson
- Niña Dolino as Jane
- Kimberly Diaz as Susana
The main theme song is called "Lastikman". It is performed by Parokya ni Edgar and can be found on their album, Solid. The love theme is called "Maging Anupaman Para Sa'yo" (I'll Be Anything For You) performed by Martin Nievera for Miguel & Yellena (Vhong & Iya).
A primer was made entitled, Lastikmania: The Making of Lastikman. It was aired on September 22, 2007. It was hosted by Piolo Pascual, Bea Alonzo, Anne Curtis, and John Lloyd Cruz. ABS-CBN also made a teaser program entitled, Lastikminutes. It showed how Lastikman was created and conceptualized. It was aired a week before the show kicked off on Primetime Bida.
Lastikman debutied with 30.3% according to AGB Nielsen in Mega Manila. The highest ratings it garnered was 30.9%, while the lowest was the New Year's Eve episode, which only got 15.1%. The final episode garnered a 41.4% Nationwide rating.
The said TV series won Silver World Medal (Action/ Adventure category) from the prestigious 2009 New York Festivals.
- Isang Lakas
- List of programs aired by ABS-CBN
- List of dramas of ABS-CBN
- Lastikman: Unang Banat
- Lastikman (2003 film)
- Lastikman Stretches To The Small Screen ABS-CBN.com
- Erece, Dinno. "Vic Sotto's "Lastikman" and "Fantastic Man" will also have remakes", PEP, February 23, 2007. Retrieved on February 17, 2020.
- "Top Ten TV primetime shows of 2008 (based on NUTAM)", PEP.ph, 23 January 2009. Retrieved on 12 January 2020.