Ferdinand Hipolito Navarro, popularly known as Vhong Navarro, (born 4 January 1974) is a Filipino actor, dancer, singer, and host. He is part of the dance group Streetboys and is a current co-host of It's Showtime.
He was born on 4 January 1974 to Danilo Navarro and Imelda Hipolito. As part of Streetboys, he was discovered and managed by director Chito S. Roño.
He is also a product endorser. Among the products he endorsed were Sprite, Pop Cola, Jag Thug and Blu Tab. His launching solo movie was supposed to be Gagamboy (2004), the official entry of Regal/MAQ to the Metro Manila Festival (MMFF) in December 2003. However, Star Cinema cast him as the lead star in Mr. Suave (2003) and was shown in cinemas a month before Gagamboy did.
He was also a recording artist. His debut single “Pamela” became a dance craze and an inspiration in the movie Otso-otso Pamela-mela wan (2004). His song “Totoy Bibbo” was also a hit. Both songs garnered sales of over 60,000 units thus are certified double platinum. His third single “Don Romantiko” was also a hit but failed to reach the sales of the previous two.
Navarro was married to Bianca Lapuz. They were annulled in 2008, 10 years after they tied the know following an unplanned pregnancy. They have a son, Yce, who is now 18 years old. Navarro has an older son, Bruno, from a non-showbiz girl.
- “Vhong Navarro”.IMDb.(Accessed on 18 March 2014).
- Santos, Rhea Manila.“The life and loves of Vhong Navarro”.Push.(Accessed on 18 March 2014).
- “Why Vhong Navarro is secretive of girlfriend”.ABSCBNnews.com.(Accessed on 18 March 2014).
- “Vhong Navarro beaten up, threatened inside Fort condo”.ABSCBNnews.com.(Accessed on 18 March 2014).
- Sauler, Erika and Mangunay, Kristine Felisse.“Vhong Navarro fires off perjury raps vs Deniece Cornejo, Cedric Lee, Roxanne Cabañero”.Inquirer.net.(Accessed on 18 March 2014).
- Blanco, Eunice.“Vhong back on ‘It’s Showtime’”.philSTAR.com.(Accessed on 18 March 2014).
Original content from WikiPilipinas. under GNU Free Documentation License. See full disclaimer.