Vella Caracta Damian
Vella Caracta Damian (Eva Estrella Damian), was born on 8 November 1938. She was a dancer and a teacher.
At the age of 15, she started dancing under a scholarship with Remedios de Oteyza. She studied at Robert Joffrey's American Ballet Center and the School of American Ballet in New York City, USA during 1966-1968. While studying, she also taught music and dance at a youth center of the New York police department.
- Founded the School of Ballet and Dance Arts (1970)
- Spearheaded the First National Ballet Festival that gave birth to the Ballet Federation of the Philippines (1979)
- She was the founder, member of the artistic council, and rehearsal mistress for three seasons at the Philippine Ballet Theater
- Received grants to attend a choreographer's workshop in Indonesia (1986)
- Named outstanding alumna of the UST
- Received the Joven Tupas Award for excelllence in arts and culture
- Garcia, M.C. "Altar". In CCP Encyclopedia of Philippine Art, 1st ed., Vol. 5, 197. Philippines: CCP Publications Office, 1994.