UP Center for Women's and Gender Studies
University of the Philippines Center for Women’s and Gender Studies (UPCWGS) was established in 1988. In July of the same year, Dr. Jose V. Abueva, then UP President, issued the Administrative Order No. 83 that created a committee who was delegated to study the establishment of a system-wide center for women’s studies to address the concerns and issues involving women in the University and society. On December 08, 1988, the UCWS was officially recognized by the Board of Regents (BOR) during its 1017th meeting and this paved the way for its operation in October 1989. 
UPCWGS is anchored on the following objectives:
- To create and sharpen awareness about women’s and gender issues in the University of the Philippines (UP) as well as in the larger society by developing cutting-edge instructional materials and publishing state of the art research;
- To strengthen research and extension programs on gender and women’s studies in the UP by conducting innovative studies and supporting gender research by the academic community;
- To strengthen instructional and curricular development on gender and women’s studies in the UP through gender mainstreaming and forward-looking course design;
- To develop the next generation of academic leaders in gender and women’s studies through collaboration and mentoring; and
- To provide an organizational umbrella for system-wide activities in women’s and gender studies.
Officials (as of September 2019) 
- Director: Nathalie Lourdes A. Verceles, DSD
She is Assistant Professor at the Department of Women and Development Studies (DWDS) in the College of Social Work and Community Development (CSWCD) at UP Diliman. She has previously served as Chairperson of the DWDS (2013-2016) and Director of the Doctor of Social Development Program of the CSWCD (2017).
- Deputy Director for Research and Publication: Marie Aubrey J. Villaceran, Ph.D.
She is a professor at the Department of English and Comparative Literature in the University of the Philippines, Diliman. She has a BA and MA in Creative Writing from the University of the Philippines and was conferred a PhD in Sociology by La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia. She teaches and writes creative nonfiction and her research interests are gender and migration.
- Deputy Director for Training and Outreach: Excelsa C. Tongson
She is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Family Life and Child Development, College of Home Economics in University of the Philippines, Diliman. She is currently on local fellowship and enrolled in the Doctor of Social Development program of the College of Social Work and Community Development in UP Diliman.
- “About UPCWGS.” University of the Philippines Center for Women’s and Gender Studies Website, https://cws.up.edu.ph/?page_id=427. Accessed on January 07, 2021.
- “UPCWGS Citizen’s Charter.” University of the Philippines Center for Women’s and Gender Studies Website, https://cws.up.edu.ph/?page_id=472. Accessed on January 07, 2021.
- “Administration.” University of the Philippines Center for Women’s and Gender Studies Website, https://cws.up.edu.ph/?page_id=480. Accessed on January 07, 2021.