The Tuguegarao Cathedral or St. Peter Metropolitan Cathedral is a church located in Tuguegarao City, Cagayan. It is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Tuguegarao.
It is considered as the biggest Spanish-built church in the Cagayan Valley. It is also considered as one of the most beautiful works of art in the Philippines as its picture appears at a basilica in Rome.
The church was constructed under the supervision of Fr. Antonio Lobato, O.P. from June 17, 1761 to 1767. It was restored by Msgr. Bishop Constance Jurgens. It suffered damages during the Second World War in 1945 due to American bombing.
When the Diocese of Tuguegarao was erected in 1910 (which was then elevated into an archdiocese in 1974), the church was designated as its cathedral.
- Biyahero.net. "Towns and Cities." Accessed June 17, 2010.
- Heritage Conservation Society. "Metropolitan Cathedral of Tuguegarao." Accessed June 17, 2010. wordpress.com.
- Layug, Benjamin L. A tourist guide to notable Philippine Churches. Quezon City: New Day Publication, 2007.