Reyes helped found the Liwayway magazine in 1922, and is recognized for pioneering the Tagalog literary renascence during his lifetime. His stories under the pen name Lola Basyang were the magazine's most widely read feature.
- Walang Sugat
- R.I.P (Requiescat in Pace)
- Mga Bihag ni Cupido
- Ang Tunay na Hukom
- Kalye Pogi
- Ang Halik ni Hudas
- Cablegrama Fatal
- Puso ng Isang Pilipina
- Ang Bagong Fausto
- Filotea, o Ang Pag-aasawa ni San Pedro
- Opera Italiana
- San Lazaro
- Alamat ng LaMOK Lola basyang
Reyes married his childhood friend Maria Paz Puato, and they had 17 children.
- "Looking Back : Anniversaries", Philippine Daily Inquirer, 5 January 2011. Retrieved on 7 March 2011.
- Banham, Martin (1995). The Cambridge guide to theatre. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-43437-9.
- Did you know: Playwright Severino "Lola Basyang" Reyes (9 February 2012).
- Asis, Raul. 'Walang Sugat' to be staged, Feb 11-13. Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved on 27 June 2011.
- Palafox, Queenie Ann (4 September 2012). The Life and Drama of Severino Reyes.