School Infrastructure Project Phase 2
The Department of Education’s (DepEd) Public Private Partnership (PPP) for School Infrastructure Project Phase II (PSIP-2) is a social infrastructure project under the administration of former President Benigno Simeon Aquino III. The Build-Transfer project is in agreement with Megawide Construction Corp., the BSP and Co. Inc., and Vicente T. Lao Construction Joint Venture.
The Php 3.86 billion project aimed to expand the supply of classrooms in all public school system. 4,370 classrooms including furniture, fixtures, and toilets in 1,375 public schools in Regions I, II, III, X, CAR, and CARAGA.
The PSIP-2 is included in the seven Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects completed before the Aquino administration ended its term. The other six projects were:
- Php 2.01 billion Daang Hari-South Luzon Link
- Php 16.28 billion School Infrastructure Project Phase 1
- Php 15.52 billion Ninoy Aquino International Airport Expressway
- Php 5.69 billion Modernization of Orthopedic Center
- Php 1.72 billion Automatic Fare Collection System (AFCS)
- Php 5.08 billion Integrated Transport System
- “PPP for School Infrastructure Project (PSIP) – Phase II”. Republic of the Philippines Public-Private Partnership Center. (Accessed on 24 November 2021).
- “DepEd signs deal for classroom construction under PPP Phase 2”. Official Gazette. (Accessed on 24 November 2021).
- “PPP for School Infrastructure Project Phase II (PSIP II) – Package A”. Republic of the Philippines Public-Private Partnership Center. (Accessed on 24 November 2021).