Saan Nagtatago ang Pag-ibig?
The story revolves around the life of Val, a mentally retarded man. His elder brother Rick got his girlfriend Stella pregnant, so Rick coerced Stella to marry Val to avoid scandal. But even in Val's pitiful state, it was amazing that Val learned to love and care for Stella. As time passed, Stella also learned to love his husband back. But a tragedy is destined to end this otherwise beautiful story of true love.
Viva Films produced a movie adaptation of this story in 1987 that starred Vilma Santos as Stella, Ricky Davao as Rick and Tonton Gutierrez as Val. The movie received five citations in the 36th Filipino Academy of Movie Arts and Sciences including Best Picture, Best Director for Eddie Garcia, and Best Story for Gilda Olvidado.. This line from the movie: "Si Val! Si Val! Puro na lang si Val! Si Val na walang malay!", delivered by Vilma Santos is claimed to be one of the most memorable lines in Philippine Cinema in the June 11 episode of QTV's "Ang Pinaka", hosted by Pia Guanio.
- Saan Nagtatago ang Pag-ibig?. Filipiniana.net. Accessed on April 24, 2008.
- Saan Nagtatago ang Pag-ibig?. Vilma Santos Filmography, March 8,2008. Accessed on April 24,2008.
- The 36th FAMAS Awards (1987). The Unofficial Website of the Filipino Movie Arts and Sciences. Accessed on April 24, 2008.
- Michael Ancheta. Most Memorable Movie Lines. Philippine Entertainment Portal, June 22, 2007. Accessed on April 24, 2008.
- Saan Nagtatago ang Pag-ibig? in Filipiniana.net
- Saan Nagtatago ang Pag-ibig? in the Internet Movie Database
- For additional information about Philippine Komiks, visit the Top 100 Pinoy Komiks Serials of Filipiniana.net Digital Library.