To read this article in Filipino, see Raymund Isaac.
Raymund Isaac (28 June 1962-4 September 2021) was a celebrity and fashion photographer. Known as the "first celebrity photographer," he was regularly commissioned by major advertisers, fashion magazines, film studios, and celebrities in the country. He had photographed some of showbiz’s biggest stars, including Vilma Santos, Piolo Pascual, Lea Salonga, and Judy Ann Santos.
He first started as a fashion editorial photographer before moving to beauty and advertising. He was an awardee in the beauty and fashion category of the American Photo Magazine for four consecutive years. He also received a citation for a collaborative project between Evian and De Beers. He also won in the limited edition book category in the Asia Pacific and Japan Region for Print Excellence by HP Indigo.
He was already a big name in the 2000s, the heyday of print and physical magazines. He embraced the change of digitization of the industry and became a dedicated live streamer, producer, host, content writer, and author. In an interview with GMA’s News To Go in 2011, he talked about setting a trend and using technology in photography. He added that it has given this generation “a sense of self-worth.”
In 2016, he published an inspirational book titled The Good Photographer, which featured his photography and the life lessons he had learned over the course of his career.
Isaac’s works have been featured in international publications and other advertising projects in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Just a few weeks in his trip to the US where he tied the knot with his partner, Jayson Vicente, Isaac was rushed to California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco due to COVID-19 in July 2021. As his conditioned worsened, he was transferred to an intensive care unit for doctors to monitor his oxygen level. He had been intubated and sedated since. He passed away on 4 September 2021, at the age of 59.
News about Isaac's death immediately reached the Philippines. Several friends, colleagues, and family paid tribute to him through social media.
- “Celebrity photographer Raymund Isaac dies at 59”. CNN Philippines. (Accessed on 6 September 2021).
- “Celebrity and fashion photographer Raymund Isaac passes away at 59”. GMA News Online. (Accessed on 6 September 2021).
- “Celebrity Photographer Raymund Isaac Has Passed Away”. Preview. (Accessed on 6 September 2021).
- Pingol, Anna.“Celebrity photographer Raymund Isaac dies in San Francisco”. Pika Pika. (Accessed on 6 September 2021).
- Requintina, Robert.“Celebrity photographer Raymund Isaac, partner Jayson Vicente share photo holding hands with wedding rings”. Manila Bulletin. (Accessed on 6 September 2021).
- “About”. Raymund Isaac. (Accessed on 6 September 2021).
- Abad, Ysa.“Passionate visionary': Stars mourn death of celebrity photographer Raymund Isaac”. Rappler. (Accessed on 6 September 2021).
- Bernardino, Stephanie.“Stars celebrate life and career of Raymund Isaac”. Manila Bulletin. (Accessed on 6 September 2021).