Punta de Santiago Lighthouse
Punta de Santiago Lighthouse built in December 15,1890, by Magin Pers y Pers and later continued by Guillermo Brockman, it is one of the principal lights of approach to Manila Bay. Located on the western head of Balayan Bay, southern shore of the province of Batangas. It lights the Verde Passage between the island of Luzon and Mindoro's western entrance. The lighthouse is painted in white while the modern Japanese aluminum lantern is silver in color. We noticed the decorative metal grills, a classic example of rich Spanish architecture, that support the overhanging balcony used as a lookout.
- "Light House Digest" Cape Santiago. http://www.lighthousedepot.com/Digest/StoryPage.cfm?StoryKey=2439
(accessed on Aug. 3, 2007)