National Quincentennial Committee
The National Quincentennial Committee (NQC) is the steering committee formed to spearhead the 2021 Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines. The quincentennial commemorations or “quincentenario” is a series of events aim to celebrate the 500th anniversary at the Victory at Mactan, the Philippine part in the first circumnavigation of the world. NQC was created through Executive Order No. 55, s. 2018.
Among the committee functions are:
- Study, conceptualize, and implement relevant programs and projects on diplomatic concerns, history, culture, and the arts, academic affairs, science, environment and agriculture, socio-civic participations, volunteer and partner mobilization, military participation, and infrastructure.
- Serve as principal coordinator for 2021 QCP activities.
- Serve as clearing house for the preparation and dissemination of information on 2021 QCP programs, activities, and projects.
- Constitute groups to undertake the implementation of programs, activities, and projects.
- Undertake fundraising activities, budgeting, accounting, and auditing rules and regulations.
- Enjoin everyone to assist in the preparations and celebration of the 2021 QCP.
- Carry-out such other functions as directed by the President.
- Chairperson: Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, Office of the President of the Philippines
- Vice-Chairperson and Executive Director: Dr. Rene R. Escalante, Chairperson, National Historical Commission of the Philippines
- Member|Department of Interior and Local Government: Jonathan Malaya, Undersecretary for Plans, Public Affairs and Communication
- Member|Department of National Defense: LtGen. Reynaldo Magapu, AFP (Ret.), Undersecretary for Civil, Veterans, and Retiree Affairs
- Member|Department of Foreign Affairs: Ernesto C. Abella, Undersecretary for Strategic Communications and Research
- Member|Department of Education: Annalyn M. Sevilla, Undersecretary for Finance-Budget and Performance Monitoring
- Member|Presidential Communications Operations Office: Ramon L. Cualoping III, Director-General, Philippine Information Agency
- Member|National Commission for Culture and the Arts: Al Ryan S. Alejandre, Executive Director
- Member|Office of the Presidential Adviser for the Visayas: Anthony Gerard Y. Gonzales, Assistant Secretary
- Member|Department of Public Works and Highways: Engr. Antonio V. Molano, Jr., CESO III, Assistant Secretary for Regiional Operations in the Visayas, NCR, and Region IV-B
- Member|Department of Tourism: Roberto P. Alabado III, Assistant Secretary for Tourism Development Planning
- Member|Department of Budget and Management: Mary Anne Z. Dela Vega, Director for Budget and Management Bureau-B
- Secretariat|National Historical Commission of the Philippines
- Secretariat|Carminda R. Arevalo, Officer-in-Charge, Officer of the Executive Director
- Secretariat|Rosario V. Sapitan, Officer-in-Charge, Office of the Deputy Executive Director for Administration
- Secretariat|Alvin R. Alcid, Officer-in-Charge, Office of the Deputy Executive Director for Programs and Projects
- Secretariat|Gina C. Batuhan, Chief, Historic Sites and Education Division
- Secretariat|Ar. Reynaldo S. Lita, Head of the Secretariat and the Technical Working Group for Infrastructures
- Secretariat|Ian Christopher B. Alfonso, Senior History Researcher and In-Charge of Quincentennial Commemorative Events
- Secretariat|Ayesha H. Sayseng, Historic Sites Development Officer II
- Secretariat|Gerwill I. Cruz, Museum Researcher II
- Secretariat|Josef Alec D. Geradila, History Researcher II
- Secretariat|Mark Kiven G. Oriendo, Museum Technician I (Administrative)
- “The National Quincentennial Committee”. facebook.(Accessed on 25 February 2021).
- “NQC Announces QuinCentennial Art Competition; Four Grand Winners To Get P500,000 Each”.Filipino Art.(Accessed on 25 February 2021).
- “Quincentennial Commemorations in the Philippines”.Embassy of the Philippines in Copenhagen, Denmark.(Accessed on 25 February 2021).
- “Committee Functions”.National Quincentennial Committee Philippines.(Accessed on 25 February 2021).
- “NQC 2021”.YouTube.(Accessed on 25 February 2021).