Lung Center of the Philippines
The Lung Center of the Philippines (LCP) is a nonstock and nonprofit corporation that was established on January 16, 1981 by former President Ferdinand Marcos under Presidential Decree No. 1823. It was placed under the administration of the Ministry of Health by former President Corazon C. Aquino on July 29, 1986 under Executive Order No. 34. The purpose of its creation was to provide health care that specifically targets lung and pulmonary disease. It is located in Quezon Avenue, Quezon City.
On May 16, 1998, a fire destroyed much of the LCP's build and equipment. The fire, which started on 2:20 AM claimed eleven lives with 9 more missing.. Calixto Zaldivar, the director of the Lung Center of the Philippines, was indicted on October 19, 1999 for criminal negligence. He was accused of ignoring advice from fire inspectors to install safety equipment at the Lung Center.
The Lung Center of the Philippines was reopened on March 1, 1999 and a new LCP building partly funded by its fire insurance is now under construction.
The reopening of the Center was an occasion for rejoicing and relief, especially by those who depended on the hospital because they could not get the specialized treatment they needed anywhere else. The Center then provide basic services such as the 24-hour Emergency Room, laboratory, radiology and pharmacy services, inpatient and outpatient consultation, ECG, central supply, ultrasound, nursing care, and ambulance conduction. It has two operating rooms (OR), and an intensive care unit (ICU).
Presently the Center has a bed capacity of 210. It is in the process of acquiring state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. It is determined to continue to carry on the legacy of commitment, excellence and top-quality, affordable medical care to thousands of Filipinos.
- Executive Director: Vincent M. Balanag, Jr., MD
- Deputy Executive Director IV for Medical Services: Sullian Sy Naval, MD
- Executive Director IV for Hospital Support Services: Victoria C. Idolor, MD
- Deputy Executive Director III for Nursing Services: Elvira N. Baura, RN
- Emergency Medicine and Out-Patient Department: Eileen G. Aniceto, MD
- Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine Department: Newell R. Nacpil, MD
- Thoracic Surgery and Anesthesia Department: Camilo C. Pada, MD
- Radiology and Radiotherapy Department: Joseph Leonardo Z. Obusan, MD
- Research and Development Department: Norberto A. Francisco, MD
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Department: Gloria Lim Tan, MD
- Pediatric Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Department: Anjanette R. de Leon, MD
- Management Services Department: Ramon A. Sulla, MD
- Education and Training Department: Zenaida M. Mariano, MD
- Administrative Services Department: Antonio B. Ramos, MD
- Ancillary Services Department: Gloanne C. Adolor, MD
- Critical and Special Nursing Care Department: Glenda L. Picardal, RN, PhD
- General Nursing Care Department: Esmeralda L. Dela Cruz, RN
- Finance Services Department: Ma. Nicolasa S. Torres
Chief of Offices
- Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology: Ma. Lourdes S. Badion, MD
- Therapeutic Radiology: Sherwin I. Cala, MD
- National Reference Laboratory: Gloria Lim Tan, MD
- Public Health and Domiciliary Unit: Jubert P. Benedicto, MD
- Pharmacy: Heidi R. Basobas, RPh, RMT
- Dietary and Nutrition: Sheryl Anne C. Mabolo, RND
- Accounting: Eleanor J. Red, CPA
- Medical Records, Registries and Libraries: Ramon A. Sulla, MD
- Budget: Angeline Rojas, CPA
- Cash: Carol V. Manduriao, CPA
- Billing and Claims: Ma. Nicolasa S. Torres
- General Services: Engr. Cesario M. Yangat
- Medical Social Work: Donnabelle G. Arcillo, RSW
- Procurement: Flordeliza F. Dela Cruz
- Mangement Information Systems: Dominador P. San Andres, Jr., MD
- "Lung Center of the Philippines"(31 March 2004)www.lcp.gov.ph.http://www.lcp.gov.ph/history.html (accessed on July 23, 2007)
- "About Us". Lung Center of the Philippines. (Accessed on 10 January 2022).