Lorenzo “Larry” Gacilo Gadon (born 1 March 1958) is a Filipino lawyer and Senatorial aspirant. He ran for Senator in 2016, 2019, and aims to try again in the 2022 elections.
He was born on 1 March 1958 in Roxas, Oriental Mindoro. He obtained his Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Bachelor of Law both from the Far Eastern University (FEU).
He is a supporter of former President Ferdinand Marcos and was part of the legal team of former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. He filed an impeachment complaint against then Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines (SC) Maria Lourdes Sereno which led to her ouster in May 2018. He also sought to oust Associate Justice Marvic Leonen but failed.
At least 4 disbarment cases were filed against Gadon in 2018 for cursing and flashing his middle finger during a Baguio City protest related to the Sereno case. He called supporters of Sereno “mga bobo” (idiots) and raised his middle finger at them.
SC slapped Gadon with a three-month suspension in 2019 for using “offensive” language towards a doctor as it was a violation of the Code of Professional Responsibility of Lawyers.
Gadon, who runs under the Kilusang Bagong Lipunan, filed his certificate of candidacy for Senator on 5 October 2021. He used his time on the stage to talk about his plans to amend the 1987 Constitution. While he criticized the administrations of former Presidents Corazon C. Aquino and Benigno Simeon Aquino III, he commended the presidencies of Marcos, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Rodrigo Duterte.
As a Senatorial aspirant, he
- Pushes for lower electricity prices
- Plans to establish state-owned energy sources
- Advocates the revision of Electric Power Industry Reform Act (EPIRA)
- Wants to improve food security infrastructure like dams and water impounding systems
- Pushes for free tertiary education
- Pushes for federalism and parliamentary form of government
- Is in favor of death penalty and supports the lowering of minimum age of criminal responsibility
As a Marcos loyalist, he does not believe in the alleged ill gotten wealth of the Marcos and is for the Marcos state burial. He is against Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) and same sex marriage and is for the Freedom of Information (FOI) Bill.
Occupation and Experience
- Administrator, Perpetual Help Hospital Manila
- Director, Human Resources, University of Santo Tomas Hospital
- Vice-President, Administration, Ambulatory Health Care Institute Inc.
- Manager, Human Resources, Stork Products Philippines
- Manager, Human Resources, Concepts Group of Companies
- Legal Associate, Antonio H. Abad Law Offices
- Corporate Counsel, Phoenix Sun International Corp.
- Corporate Counsel, Gateway Network Solutions, Inc.
- Corporate Counsel, MCT Food Corporation
- Corporate Counsel, BSJ Trading and Fishing Corp.
- Corporate Counsel, Acuatico Resort and Acuaverde Resort
- Corporate Counsel, Willrock Prime Venue Corp.
- Corporate Counsel, Willy's Beach Hotel and Resort Boracay
- Corporate Counsel, Grazielle Manufacturing Corporation
- Corporate Counsel, 3D Networks
- President, Pro-Duterte Constitutional Reformers to Federalism (PDu30-CORE to Federalism)
- House-Counsel, Former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
- Senior Partner, Sison-Gadon Law Firm
- Founding Director, Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry-Quezon City Chapter
- “GADON, Larry”. GMA News Online. (Accessed on 26 October 2021).
- “Larry Gadon attempts another Senate run in 2022”. CNN Philippines. (Accessed on 26 October 2021).
- “Gadon, Lorenzo “Larry” Gacilo (KBL)”. UP Sa Halalan 2022. (Accessed on 26 October 2021).
- “Larry Gadon Biography”. PeoPlaid. (Accessed on 26 October 2021).
- “Lorenzo Gadon”. Rappler. (Accessed on 26 October 2021).