The Kapisanan ng mga Kamag-anak ng Migranteng Manggagawang Pilipino, Inc. (KAKAMMPI) is a an organization of families of Overseas Filipino Workers and migrant returnees. Established in 1983, KAKAMMPI was formed to protect the rights and welfare of the OFW's as well as to assist in their problems concerning overseas migration by implementing programs to strengthen family support system.
KAKAMMPI began as a migrant's desk of an NGO before it spun off to become an independent group. Currently, as a community and family-based organization, it extends various services to the workers from lobbying on certain issues in Congress to supporting the needs of migrant workers' families such as credit facilitation and day-care centers for their children.
- Counseling - provides psycho-social counseling to distressed Filipino migrants and their families.
- Case Management - provides assistance and support to victims of physical and sexual abuse; victims of labor violations like racial and gender discrimination and HIV/AIDS victims by referring them to organizations and groups that provide medical,legal and welfare services.
- Community Outreach - organizes dental missions, trainings and capacity building projects to its chapters and partner communities.
- Welfare Assistance - assists returning OFWs in money claims and repatriation as well as provides airport assistance upon arrival to either deceased or returning OFWs.
- Homecare - provides temporary shelter to distressed OFWs and their families attends to its psychological, physical and psycho-social needs.
- Child Learning and Development Centers - provides holistic child development and psychological assistance to single mothers and abandoned wives of OFWs.
- Family Wellness Program' - provides family development activities to reinforce and stenghten family relationship.
- Gender Responsiveness Program - focuses on the concerns of reproductive health and total well-being of women.
- Micro-finance - provides community credit support and assistance in establishing enterprise projects.
- Multi-purpose Cooperative - supports members' livelihood programs and activities
- Advocacy and Networking - strengthens linkages and maintains the partnership of KAKAMMPI with its current local partners.
- KAKAMMPI Online - discusses issues and concerns of OFWs and their families on labor-related cases.
- Case Documentation - provides prompt and relevant assistance to phone-in, on-the-air and walk-in clients who face different kinds of labor violations and abuses while working overseas.
- Organizing Communities - educates migrant families on the facts of labor migration.
- Campaign and Mobilization - involves in campaigns that upholds OFWs and their families rights and welfare.
- Research, Trainings & Resource - engages in researches, educational trainings, seminars and symposium to strengthen and consolidate the organization.
- Partnership and Solidarity - strengthen partnership with other organizations for joint campaigns and other cooperative projects.
Chapters and Affiliations
KAKAMMPI is an active member of eight national networks and two international networks. It maintains partnership with 50 migrant NGOs, GOs, support groups and advocates worldwide.
- Official Website. (accessed on May 12, 2008).
- Kakampi. (accessed on May 12, 2008).
- Kakammpi's Development Strategy. (accessed on May 12, 2008).