Ginataang mais is a Filipino sweet corn and rice gruel. It is also known as lugaw na mais (Kapampangan: lelut mais). It is a type of dessert lugaw and ginataan. It is eaten warm in colder months, but can also be eaten cold during summer. Ginataang mais means "corn in coconut milk" in Filipino.
Ginataang mais is made by boiling glutinous rice (malagkit) until almost done. Sweet corn, coconut milk (gata), and sugar are then added and the heat lowered shortly before the rice is fully cooked. In some recipes, coconut milk is added after cooking. Evaporated milk can also be used in place of coconut milk. Other ingredients may also be added, like latik (coconut caramel), pinipig (pounded young rice kernels), jackfruit, fresh grated coconut, butter, and vanilla.
- Lelut Mais (Lugaw na Mais).
- Ginataang Mais (Corn in Coconut Milk). Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Northern Illinois University.
- Ginataang Mais (Corn and Sticky Rice Pudding with Coconut Milk).
- Ginataang Mais.
- The Happy Home Cook: Ginataang Mais. Positively Filipino.
- Corn with coconut milk (Ginataang mais).
- Ginataang Mais (Sweet Corn with Coconut Milk) Recipe.