Gelia T. Castillo
Dr. Gelia T. Castillo (born on March 3, 1928) is noted for being an outstanding Filipino rural sociologist.
Dr. Castillo is a figure recognized internationally for her contributions as a social scientist. Her publications provided valuable insights on Philippine agricultural and rural development. These include All in a Grain of Rice, known to be the first book written by a Filipino about the local farmer's response to new technology, and Beyond Manila, cited as an in-depth and analytical study of the actual problems and needs of the rural areas in relation to countryside development. These enabled the Filipinos to gain better understanding on the various social conditions and the underlying factors surrounding the agricultural and rural development in the country. Dr. Castillo and was elected as Academician in 1983, and was later conferred as National Scientist in 1999 by Former President Joseph Estrada. 
- A.B. (Psychology) - University of the Philippines, 1948
- M.S. (Rural Sociology) - Pennsylvania State University, 1958
- Ph.D. (Rural Sociology) - Cornell University, 1960
- 1976 Rizal Pro Patria Award
- 1975 Distinguished Alumnus Award of the UP Alumni Association
- 1979 Distinguished Alumnus Award of the UP College of Agriculture
- "Gelia T. Castillo: Distinguished Rural Sociologist, 89." National Academy of Science and Technology, https://www.nast.ph/index.php/13-news-press-releases/319-gelia-t-castillo-distinguished-rural-sociologist-89. Accessed on December 21, 2020.