Fernando Montero Espinosa
On July 16, 1639, he was selected by the King of Spain and confirmed by Pope Urban VIII as Bishop of Nueva Segovia. On February 3, 1640, he was consecrated bishop by Juan de Palafox y Mendoza, Bishop of Tlaxcala. On February 5, 1646, he was appointed by Pope Innocent X as Archbishop Bishop of Manila where he served until his death in 1648.
While bishop, he was the Principal co-consecrator of:
- Antonio Guzmán Cornejo, Bishop of Tui (1640);
- Domingo Ramírez de Arellano, Bishop of Chiapas (1641);
- Pedro Tapia, Bishop of Segovia (1641);
- Pedro Rosales Encio, Bishop of Lugo (1641);
- José de Argáiz Pérez, Bishop of Almería (1642); and
- Juan de Mañozca y Zamora, Archbishop of México (1645).
- Gauchat, Patritius (Patrice) (1935). HIERARCHIA CATHOLICA MEDII ET RECENTIORIS AEVI Vol IV. Münster: Libraria Regensbergiana. pp. 261 and 230. (in Latin)
- "Archbishop Fernando Montero Espinosa" Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved June 11, 2017
- "Metropolitan Archdiocese of Nueva Segovia" GCatholic.org. Gabriel Chow. Retrieved February 29, 2016
- "Archdiocese of Nueva Segovia" Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved February 7, 2017