Desperadas is a 2007 Filipino romantic comedy film written by Roy Iglesias, directed by Joel Lamangan, and starring Marian Rivera, Ruffa Gutierrez, Rufa Mae Quinto and Iza Calzado. The film was followed by the sequel Desperadas 2 in 2008.
Four siblings from different men are living on a compound. They have different stories and problems to face. The eldest daughter (Iza Calzado) tries to spice up her marriage with her workaholic husband. The second daughter (Ruffa Gutierrez) is a spendthrift woman, and a single mother who struggles with dating. The third daughter (Rufa Mae Quinto) is a professional sexual and clinical psychologist obsessed who suspects that her husband is gay. The youngest (Marian Rivera) is a childish and wild woman, engaged in her conservative boyfriend who came from a religious family.
- Ruffa Gutierrez as Isabella Verona
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Dr. Patricia Llanes-Quinto, PhD
- Iza Calzado as Atty. Stephanie Ocampo-Arribe
- Marian Rivera as Courtney Vallarda-Reyes
- Wendell Ramos as Dave Quinto
- Jay-R as Vito
- TJ Trinidad as Dr. Richard Arribe
- Luis Alandy as Mandy
- Ryan Eigenmann as Atty. James LaMadrid
- Will Devaughn as Patrick Reyes
- Nova Villa as Margot Solis de Llanes Ocampo Verona Vallarda Manalo
- Gina Alajar as Patrick's Mother
- Tirso Cruz III as Patrick's Father
- Charlie Davao as Courtney's Father
Awards and nominations
- 2007, won Festival Prize for 'Best Make-Up Artist' at Metro Manila Film Festival
- 2007, won 'Gender Sensitive Award' at Metro Manila Film Festival
- "Marian Rivera is Today's Hottest Star", Philippine Star, 28 December 2007. Retrieved on 23 January 2016.
- "Movie Review for 'Desperadas', No Sympathy", Click The City, 2 January 2008. Retrieved on 23 January 2016.
- "Ogie: I enjoy being a girl", Philippine Star, 7 December 2008. Retrieved on 23 January 2016.