Corazon Cristobal Generoso-Iñigo
Corazon Cristobal Generoso-Iñigo is a dancer, teacher, and choreographer. She was born on December 18, 1930 in Manila to Jose Generoso and Felisa Cristobal. She is the granddaughter of renowned bombardino soloist, Venancio Cristobal. She is the wife of Carlos Iñigo Jr.
She studied at the University of the Philippines (UP) and received a master of science in physical education in 1990. She studied ballet with Ricardo Cassell, Alice Reyes, and Norman Walker. She also learned folk dancing from many teachers including Luz Einsiedel.
She taught in various institutions such as the UP College of Human Kinetics, the International School, the National College of Physical Education, Philippine Women’s College in Davao, Far Eastern University (FEU), University of the East (UE), Philippine High School for the Arts and the UP College of Music. She was also a guest teacher for Ballet Philippines and the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).
- Golden Kulintang Awardee, Philippine Women’s College – Davao
- Altiora Peto Awardee, Delta Lambda Sigma Sorority
- Patnubay ng Sining at Kalinangan, City of Manila
- Swan Lake
- Brother Sun, Sister Moon
- Gabriela Silang
- Baile de Ayer (Dance of Yesterday)
- The Nutcracker
- UP artist-in-residence
- Member, CCP Board of Trustees
- Villaruz, B.E.S. "Altar". In CCP Encyclopedia of Philippine Art, 1st ed., Vol. 5, 210. Philippines: CCP Publications Office, 1994.
Original content from WikiPilipinas. under GNU Free Documentation License. See full disclaimer.