Casimiro del Rosario
Career and Contributions
Dr. del Rosario was known for his researches on ultraviolet light of different wavelengths, effect of radioactive radiation on Euglena, high voltage electrical discharges in a vacuum, and many others. His works had been published in international journals such as the American Physics Review and the Journal of Franklin Institute.
Dr. del Rosario was also the recipient of Presidential Award in 1965 for his valuable contributions to physics. He served as the Director of the Philippine Weather Bureau for 11 years, and he was the first vice-chairman of the National Science Development Board in 1958. He was conferred as a National Scientist in 1984.
- BS Civil Engineering (with honors) - University of the Philippines, 1918
- MS in Physics - Yale University, USA, 1924
- Ph.D. in Physics - University of Pennsylvania, USA, 1932
- Gorgonio, Luis (1998). The Filipino Scientists. Loacan Publishing House: Manila.
- National Academy of Science and Technology (2000). National Scientists of the Philippines (1978-1998). Anvil Publishing, Inc: Pasig City.