The Bayanihan E-Konsulta is a free consultation service launched by the Office of the Vice President. Available on Facebook and Messenger, it aims to help outpatient cases from the National Capital Region (NCR) and nearby provinces or “NCR Plus.” Vice president Leni Robredo added that the program aims to help decongest hospitals following the record-hike spike in coronavirus cases in the country, by providing free consultation services to those who self-isolate themselves at home but need to consult with a doctor.
Bayanihan E-Konsulta is possible with the help of volunteer doctors and health professionals – with more than 2,300 medical and non-medical volunteers as of April 2021. Robredo called for more volunteer doctors, general practitioners and consultants especially psychiatrists, neurologists, allergologists, gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, cardiologists, and pyschologists.
The screening process was done by volunteers. Non-medical volunteers would do chat support, triaging and tagging of patients, monitoring of patients through telephone calls, call bridging, and technical support.
The service is free to aid those who cannot afford access to medical services or other existing teleconsult platforms. The service is not restricted to COVID-19 patients. Patients with other diseases or medical concerns may avail of the free teleconsultation services as well. As of April 2021, the service has received 26,000 transactions.
Emergency cases will be referred to the One Hospital Command, in line with existing guidelines. Apart from the Bayanihan E-Konsulta, Robredo also launched a mobile antigen testing program called “Swab Cab” in areas with high COVID-19 transmission rates.
Steps to Use “Bayanihan E-Konsulta” on Facebook
- Find “Bayanihan E-Konsulta” on Facebook.
- Click on “Send Message.”
- Type in “Konsulta” or “Tulong.”
- Answer the questions.
- Click on “Pumapayag Ako.”
- Quiambao, Christina.Robredo launches free teleconsultation service”. Rappler. (Accessed on 17 August 2021).
- Lalu, Gabriel Pabico.“Robredo calls for more volunteer doctors, other personnel for Bayanihan E-Konsulta”. INQUIRER.net. (Accessed on 17 August 2021).
- “Robredo calls for more volunteers in telemedicine program”. CNN Philippines. (Accessed on 17 August 2021).
- Rojas, Katie.“5 Steps to Use ‘Bayanihan E-Konsulta’ on Facebook”. My Pope. (Accessed on 17 August 2021).
- “Paano gamitin ang Bayanihan E-Konsulta?”. YouTube. (Accessed on 17 August 2021).
- “Bayanihan E-Konsulta”. Facebook. (Accessed on 17 August 2021).