The Diocesan Shrine and Cathedral Parish of St. Joseph or Balanga Cathedral is the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Balanga. It is located in Balanga City, Bataan.
The church was built after Balanga became an independent mission area in 1739. Fr. Benito Rivas strengthened the church by fortifying its wall, while Fr. Juan Antonio Vicente roofed it with galvanized iron and decorated the interior. Fr. Mariano Ma. Minano constructed the arch of the choir loft and supervised the creation of the baptismal font out of granite from Mariveles in 1838-1845. Native secular priests began to administer the church on June 2, 1898, with Fr. Mariano Sarili as the first native parish priest.
The church was used during the Second World War as the site for the Japanese artillery bombardment of Mt. Samat where Filipino and American forces stood their ground. When the Diocese of Balanga was erected in 1975, the church was designated as its cathedral.
- National Historical Institute official website
- Layug, Benjamin L. A Tourist Guide to Notable Philippine Churches. Quezon City: New Day Publication, 2007.
- National Historical Institute. Historical Markers:Regions V-XII. Manila: National Historical Institute, 1994.