Cathedral of Bacolod was originally a small chapel founded by Bishop Mariano Cuartero, O.P. on April 27, 1876. The present structure was constructed was inaugurated on January 20, 1882. It was repaired and reinforced by Monsignor Casimiro M. Lladoc, the first bishop (1933-1951). In 1976, the 100th year anniversary of the cathedral, its bells were brought down from the belfry and mounted on the right side of the churchground. Palacio Episcopal, the bishop's palace and the seat of the diocese of the province.
- National Historical Institute. Historical Markers: Regions V-XII. Manila: National Historical Institute, 1994.
- "Cathedral of Bacolod" Bacolod Cathedral, http://www.waypoints.ph/detail_gen.html?wpt=bclodc (accessed on July 20, 2007).
- Layug, Benjamin L. "A tourist guide to notable Philippine Churches." Quezon City: New Day Publication,2007.