Antonio Roxas y Ureta
Antonio Roxas y Ureta was the patriarch of the Capiz and Binondo branches of the Roxas Family. The Antonio Roxas branch would link the Reyes, Araneta, Brias, Manio, and Fernandez families.
Don Antonio was the son of Mariano Roxas and Ana Maria de Ureta. His brother was the famous businessman and industrialist Don Domingo Roxas, progenitor of the prominent Ayala, Zobel, Roxas, and Soriano families.
Antonio Roxas married Lucina Arroyo and they had 12 children, among them:
- Juan Roxas y Arroyo, married to Vicenta Reyes. He would be the father of Francisco Roxas y Reyes (1864-1936), the reluctant martyr at Bagumbayan executed on January 11, 1897.
- Rafael Roxas, married to Manio, who would be the father of Josefa, Ana, and Fr. Manuel Roxas y Manio.
- Felipe Roxas y Arroyo (1892-1948), the painter, married to Raymunda Chuidian
- Felix Roxas y Arroyo (1820-?), the first qualified Filipino architect. He would become the father of Felix Roxas y Fernandez (1864-1936), the mayor of Manila and contemporary of Jose Rizal.
- Juan Pablo Roxas. He was the father of Mariano, Marcelino, Fr. Raymundo and Caetano Roxas, great-great grandfather of Manuel Roxas (1892-1948).
- Felix Roxas. World of Felix Roxas. Manila: Filipiniana Book Guild, 1970.