Alaminos City is a 4th class component city in the province of Pangasinan in the province of Pangasinan, and is known for being the home of the Hundred Islands National Park, which is composed of 124 islands and is located off the coast of Barangay Lucap. According to the Template:PH wikidata, it has a population of Template:PH wikidata people.Template:PH census The city was named after Juan Alaminos y de Vivar, former Governor-General of the Philippines.
Cityhood and present
By virtue of Republic Act 9025, signed by President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo on March 5, 2001, Alaminos was converted into a city after 85% of the voters favored the ratification in a plebiscite held on March 28, 2001.
Alaminos was badly hit in May 2009 by Typhoon Emong which damaged many houses in the city, including the roof of the main church. Due to this, several organizations had requested donations and aid to help in restoring the town back to its former self.
- Template:Official website
- Alaminos Profile at PhilAtlas.com
- City Profile at the National Competitiveness Council of the Philippines
- Alaminos at the Pangasinan Government Website
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- [[[:Template:NSCB detail]] Philippine Standard Geographic Code]
- Philippine Census Information