6th Infantry Division (Philippines)
The 6th Infantry Division is an infantry division of the Philippine Army. Popularly known as the Kampilan Division, the 6th Infantry Division is one of the Philippine Army's infantry units in Central Mindanao.
The division was established on October 24, 1987, by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, with Brig. General Gonzalo H. Siongco as the first Commanding General assigned in its headquarters in Awang, Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao.
The following are the Brigades under the 6th Infantry Division:
- 601st Infantry "Unifier" Brigade
- 602nd Infantry "Liberator" Brigade
- 603rd Infantry "Persuader" Brigade
The following are the Battalions under the 6th Infantry Division:
- 6th Infantry Battalion
- 7th Infantry "Tapat" Battalion
- 33rd Infantry "Makabayan" Battalion
- 37th Infantry "Conqueror" Battalion
- 40th Infantry "Magiting" Battalion
- 57th Infantry "Masikap" Battalion
- 90th Infantry Battalion
- 64th Division Reconnaissance Company
- 6th Field Artillery Battalion
The following units are the OPCON under the 6th Infantry Division:
- 1 Mechanized Infantry Battalion
- 5 Special Forces Battalion
The following are the support units under the 6th Infantry Division:
- 6th Signal Battalion
- 6th CMO Battalion
- Service Support Battalion
- 6th Division Training School
- 6th Division Training Unit
- Anti-guerrilla operations against the New People's Army, and MILF.
- Counter-terrorism operations against the ASG and the JI.
- Operation Darkhorse