University of Perpetual Help System DALTA
University of Perpetual Help System DALTA
motto = Character Building is Nation Building
|Tagline||Pioneering the path from Knowledge to Success|
|Type||Private, non-sectarian, run by the DALTA Group of Companies|
|President||Dr. Daisy M. Tamayo, Ph.D, MAN|
|Faculty||1,200 including non-teaching staffs|
|Location||Las Piñas, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Address||Pamplona, Las Piñas city|
|Campus||Urban, 8 campuses nationwide|
|Colors||Maroon █ and Gold █|
|Affiliations||ASAIHL, NCAA (Philippines)|
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD), a private, non-sectarian, Filipino collegiate institute located in Las Pinas City, was founded in 1975 by Dr. Antonio Tamayo, Dr. Daisy Tamayo, and Ernesto Crisostomo as Perpetual Help College of Rizal (PHCR). It is a member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (Philippines) since 1984.
Dr. Antonio L. Tamayo developed the University creed "Character Building is Nation Building". Stressing this belief, he said "our young can only be assured of a better tomorrow by building the right kind of character today – respectful, hardworking and committed to the formation of a prosperous and a wealthy nation. This development, however, will need a requisite Christian character, that will build a nation."
Tamayo and his partner, Dra. Daisy M. Tamayo established the Perpetual University and Hospital simultaneously in Las Piñas, offering the banner course of Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Paradoxically, Tamayo, a former college dropout, became the first President of the University.
The first school building consisting of four floors (the present hospital) was constructed in a period of only four months, which ordinarily takes one year to construct.
The University of Perpetual Help Rizal, now the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, is a subsidiary of the DALTA Group of Companies. It is in consortium with JONELTA Group of Companies forming the Perpetual Help System. Each entity under the System comprises a College/University and a Hospital/Medical Center.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA comprises three of the seven (7) academic institutions complementing the University of Perpetual Help System. The UPH System, now the UPH J0NELTA System, was founded and established by Dr. Jose G. Tamayo, its President and Chairman of the Board, with co-founder Dr. Josefina Laperal Tamayo, as its Vice-Chairman and Treasurer. With both co-founders now deceased, the University of Perpetual Help JONELTA System is now led by the first born of the founders, Dr. Antonio L. Tamayo.
The institution is coeducational and is non-sectarian. It offers studies in the preschool, elementary, secondary, tertiary, and graduate levels, as well as short vocational, technical, and special courses. To date, it has a workforce complement of about 1,200 faculty and nonteaching personnel and a student population of more than 18,000.
In subsequent years, the UPHSD established 2 branches or campuses, as well as several agri-businesses which later incorporated into the DALTA Group.
The three units of DALTA Group are:
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA and the UPHSD Medical Center (Pamplona, Las Piñas City)
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (Molino, Cavite)
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (Calamba, Laguna)
When Dr. Antonio L. Tamayo, assumed the Presidency of the University of Perpetual Help JONELTA System due to the demise of its founder Dr. Jose G. Tamayo, he became the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of both the UPH System DALTA and UPH JONELTA System. Thus the helm of leadership of the University of Perpetual Help System DALTA is now transferred to his wife, Dr. Daisy Moran Tamayo as Second President on June 10, 2003.
Col. Jose C. Moran facilitated the needed funds of the project through his friends and the Development Bank of the Philippines.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA, Molino Campus, was established and inaugurated on May 1995 with an initial enrollment of 700 students. Shortly, after a year, the University of Perpetual Help DALTA System, Calamba Campus, was established and inaugurated in 1996 with an initial enrollment of 360 enrollees.
The University of Perpetual Help System DALTA has since subscribed to the institutional philosophy that national development and transformation is predicated upon the quality of education of its people. It is committed to the ideals of teaching, community service, and research, with "Character Building is Nation Building" as its guiding principle.
The seal of UPHSD is a cameo depicting in semi-abstract from the image of Our Mother of Perpetual Help clasping in her arms the infant Jesus. This stands for the Christian precepts to which the college adheres and which binds its aspirations and hopes. The infant Jesus is symbolic of the youth who must be nurtured by a devoted and loving Mary which speaks of the motherly care and love of the college. The branches of laurel leaves signify excellence which the college pursues, not only in academics but also in leadership and in human relations. The branches, symbol of dignity, honor and reward used by the ancients Greeks also stands for the fullfillment of the aspirations of the college as it carries on propagating its mission. The cameo is bordered by oval lines of gold set in maroon and white background which are the colors of the institution. Maroon symbolizes the red blood of courage, vigor and determination; white for purity, and gold for generosity, abundance, hope and vision.
Programs and Courses
Medicine & Health Sciences
- Doctor of Medicine
- Dental Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Associate in Health Science Education
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy
- Diploma in Midwifery
- Caregiver Course
- Bachelor of Science in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Vocational Course
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Philosphy Education
- Doctor of Business Management
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching Health Education
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Clinical Program Development
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Transportation
- Bachelor of Science in Naval Architecture
- Basic Merchant Marine Course
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Management
- Associate in Computer Technology
- Short-Term Computer Courses
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce
- Bachelor of Science in Secretarial Administration
- Computer Secretarial
- Medical Transcription
International Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in HRM
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Associate in HRM
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Post Graduate Certificate in Special Education
Arts & Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
NATIONAL SERVICE TRAINING PROGRAM
- Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC)
- Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS)
- High School & Grade School (Boys & Girls) with Computer & Business Subjects
- Accredited by the Phil. Accrediting Association of Schools Colleges and Universities (PAASCU)
The JONELTA Indigent Foundation Inc.
The JONELTA Indigent Foundation Inc. was founded by the former President of University of Perpetual Help System DALTA (UPHSD) and the University of Perpetual Help DALTA Medical Center (UPHDMC), Dr. Antonio L. Tamayo, in 1987 to respond the need for immediate health care assistance to marginal patients in the Medical Center. The increase in the number of membership of the JONELTA Foundation through the years led to the expansion and restructing of the Foundation. It has become the implementing arm of UPHSD to serve the urban poor to provide other services that will eventually lead to self-reliance and better quality of life for the JONELTA beneficiaries. The Foundation, in its expanded form interlinks with the health care program of UPHD Medical center tapping the services of the doctors, nurses, dentists, and other medical staff. Practitioners from the Colleges of Nursing, Medical Technology, Physical Therapy and the school of Midwifery are involved in the activities such as immunization, deworming, maternal and childcare, reproductive health and Operation Pangkalusugan (OPK) in different depressed areas in Las Piñas City.
Recognitions and Citations
In 2000, the UPHR College of Law ranked 3rd among law schools in terms of bar passing rate.
UPHSD now enjoys memberships, recognition and accreditation in various academic, professional, and sports associations such as:
- FAAP (Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines) – granting Level II to the UPHSD Liberal Arts, Commerce and Education and Engineering, Medical Technology and Hotel and Restaurant Management Programs
- Member, PACU (Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities)
- Member, NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association (Philippines)) - The varsity teams are the UPHSD Altas
- Member, Board of Directors, PAGE (Philippine Association of Graduate Education)
- ISO 9001:1994, Maritime Programs
- Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Authorized Testing Center
DALTA comes from Daisy Antonio Laperal Tamayo.
- The OFFICIAL Website of UPHSD
- University of Perpetual Help DALTA Medical Center
- Student Life - UPHSD
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA Alumni Association
|National Collegiate Athletic Association Season 83|
|Letran||Benilde/LSGH||JRU||Mapúa||San Beda||San Sebastian||UPHD|
|Knights||Blazers||Heavy Bombers||Cardinals||Red Lions||Stags||Altas|
|Squires||Greenies||Light Bombers||Red Cubs||Staglets||Altalettes|
|Lady Knights||Lady Blazers||Lady Stags||Lady Altas|
|The PCU Dolphins are suspended for the 2007-08 season.|