University of Mindanao, Davao City
From Wikipilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
University of Mindanao
- founded in 1946
- founded by the late Atty. Guillermo E. Torres, Sr.
- Dolores P. Torres, Ph.D, h.c. - President
- has four campuses in Davao City: main campus - Bolton St., other campus at Matina
- has eight branches spread in Mindanao, namely: UM Digos College (1946), UM Peñaplata College and UM Tagum College (1950), UM Ilang-Tibungco and UM Panabo (1951) UM Guianga College (1952), UM Cotabato College (1959) and UM Bansalan College (1962).
- Tel. No.: (63) 082-227-5456
- committed to democratizing access to quality education
- reserves the right to refuse admission to applicants or require the withdrawal of students when it believes that their presence among the student body is inimical to the interest of the entire studentry and the realization of the objectives of the University
- believes in continuous acquisition of knowledge, attitude skills, and values not only within its territory - tap with other institutions
- establishes linkages with agencies and institutions for the benefits of its students, faculty, and staff
- in line with the globalization thrust - establishes international collaborations and partnerships
- accreditation of 14 academic programs
- good performance in government licensure examinations with board placers
- Academic Programs or Courses: Accountancy, Architecture, Arts & Sciences, Business Administration, Criminology, Education, Engineering, Forestry anmd Environment Studies, Graduate Programs, Law, Nursing
- Office of the Student Affairs - a central body which oversees the student affairs of the University
- Office of the Alumni and External Affairs - principal linkage arm of the university; coordinates the academic linkage programs of the different colleges and departments to continuously strengthen UMs relationship with government, industry, other academic institutions, civic and/or professional organizations and other agencies, most especially the alumni
- 3 library levels: Elementary, High School and Tertiary which are housed in its two (2) campuses
- UM Research Center - produces, tests, disseminates and applies knowledge.
- University of Mindanao, Davao City Official Website (accessed on February 13, 2008)