Top Ten Filipino Entertainment TV Hosts
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Drew is a multi-awarded TV Host, most recently awarded as best travel host in Qtv 11 show “Balikbayan” and has been consistently nominated as best morning show host in Unang Hirit for GMA Network. Drew’s good looks and charming banter makes him a favorite for entertainment hosting.
The perpetual host of Survivor Philippines and consistent TV show hosts for various GMA network shows and prestigious events has recently signed a 3-year exclusive contract with TV5 network. Other shows that he got critical acclaim for include Extra Challenge, S Files and Pinoy Meets World.
Now a politician, Edu Manzano is known for his excellent hosting skills on different shows such as Weakest Link, Game Ka Na Ba?, 1 versus 100 and Umagang Kay Ganda. His funny antics make him a favorite and high ratings made him give Game Ka Na Ba a unique flavor through his hosting, which was originally hosted by Kris Aquino.
More prominently known as Talentadong Pinoy’s permanent host and GMA noontime variety show Eat Bulaga’s recent mainstay, Ryan Agoncillo has it all made. He has made his own mark in the entertainment world as a very effective and talented host. He really started out in the industry as a host in GMA 7’s Mornings at GMA. He does not have any exclusive contracts with any network, which makes him free to roam. And this freedom has paid off because he has hosting stints in almost every decent local channel.
The animal loving host is able to carry the cowboy look without looking ridiculous. And this is what makes him friendly for viewers of all ages and races. His love for the environment is shown even in his passionate hosting of weekly show Matanglawin aired by ABS-CBN. He is now also one of the hosts of Showtime, a daily variety show from the same network. The Department of Education agrees that his eco-friendly hosting has positive effects.
Touted as the King of Talk and one of the hosting pillars of ABS-CBN entertainment industry, Boy Abunda is large enough to be admired, run his own talk show and even be impersonated by comedia Jayson Gainza. Boy Abunda is able to ask the most daring questions, befitting his reputation as a frank and listened to journalist.
Her hosting flourished all the more when she transferred to ABS-CBN in 2005. There was no looking back since then. This very high profile host is a host for Pinoy Big Brother in all seasons, multi-awarded for this hosting gig, among many others.
Unarguably, aside from having a royal political lineage and a colorful life open to public view, Kris Aquino has proven her mettle as a TV show host, especially in talk shows. She has interacted with numerous personalities, and this Ateneo de Manila graduate really knows how to fearlessly express herself in her hosting.
Joey de Leon
His biting sarcasm does not keep the crowds from listening to him, which makes him a pillar among the hosts of Eat Bulaga and Wow Mali in TV5. A comedian, he started out with the Tito Vic and Joey trio, but has been able to take individual hosting stints long after their trio has reached stardom fame. He is also one of the more controversial hosts because of his remarks on certain issues.
Korina Sanchez is a well-respected broadcast journalist and ABS-CBN’s frontline personality. Her show Rated K is one of the more interesting magazine shows that has been running on Philippine TV for a long time with very good ratings. She is not just an entertainment host, although she has done a lot of good hosting stints with friend and fellow ABS-CBN frontliner Kris Aquino.
- Drew Arellano. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.,
- Paolo Bediones. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- Edu Manzano. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- Ryan Agoncillo. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- Jason Gainza. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- Boy Abunda. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- Toni Gonzaga. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- Kris Aquino. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- Joey de Leon. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- Korina Sanchez. Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Accessed December 30, 2009.
- ABS-CBN, PMPC Star Awards for Television’s Best TV Station (won 26 other awards). Pinoys Got Talent.
- Game show host Edu Manzano is Lakas bet for vice president. Inquirer News Online.
- Edu Manzano officially takes over Kris Aquino's hosting in "Pilipinas, Game KNB?" Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- Ryan Agoncillo Becomes ‘Eat Bulaga’ Regular Host. Access Pinoy.
- Kim Atienza cited for eco-friendly hosting. ABS-CBN News Online.
- Toni Gonzaga website