Top Philippine Beauty Doctors
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Here are the names of the trusted beauty experts and top dermatologists in the Philippines. Through excellent, quality services, knowledge, and expertise in their respective fields, these specialized medical practitioners had gained prominence in the country and even abroad.
1. Vinson Pineda - Dr. Vinson Pineda is noted as the Father of Philippine Dermatology. He has been the moving force behind Dermclinic, the Philippines’ leading chain of dermatology centers nationwide. He is best known for his milestone works on Minoxidil – a world-renowned hair-restorer and Tretinoin – a scientifically proven remedy for wrinkles and acne. He is also among the first to introduce the cosmetic use of Botox in the Philippines.
2. Angel Cumagun - Dr. Angel Cumagun is a Fellow of the Philippine Dermatological Society and currently is Assistant Professor at the University of Santo Tomas (UST) Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. She is the Head of the Dermatology Center of the UST Hospital. An active staff member at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center and the Asian Hospital and Medical Center, she is known for her work at Beverly Hills 6750.
3. Sylvia Huang - Sylvia Huang is a respected dermatologist and beauty expert in the Philippines. She specializes in severe acne problems and has a long line of patients in her clinic in Greenhills, San Juan, Manila.
5. Filomena Montinola - Sixty-five years old Filomena Montinola is considered an institution in dermatology in the Philippines. A general dermatologist, she specializes in acne, skin peeling, and botox psoriasis. She is the chairman of the Department of Dermatology in Asian Hospital and Medical Center.
6. Rino Lorenzo, MD FPAPRAS A fully trained board certified Filipino Plastic Surgeon with years of formal training in cosmetic-aesthetic, reconstructive and burn plastic surgery. Dr Lorenzo has special interest on cosmetic and reconstructive procedures such as: face lift, eyelid rejuvenation, rhinoplasty, otoplasty, body contouring procedure, facial augmentation procedure, breast augmentation, reduction, lift and reconstruction. He practices in [Eastwood Libis]
7. Manny Calayan - Manny Calayan is one of the country's most prominent cosmetic surgeons for celebrities and socialites. He specializes in cosmetic surgery such as noselifts, eyebags removal, liposuction, breast enlargement, among others.
8. Gio Dimayuga - Gio Dimayuga is a Makati Medical Center trained dermatologist. He specializes in dermatology involving botox, acne, lasers, minor cospmetic surgery except liposuction. He practices in Makati Medical Center, Medical Plaza ,Asian Hospital and Medical Center, and Beverly Hills Medical Group.
9. Pie Calayan- Dra. Pie Calayan is the chief dermatologist and is the other half of the popular husband-and-wife tandem behind the Calayan Surgicenter. Trained in Makati Medical Center, Dr. Pie Calayan specializes in skin hair and nails treatment as well as slimming and whitening treatments.
11. Atoy Manalo - Atoy Manalo is a University of the Philippines graduate and a plastic surgeon in the Philippines. He practices in Makati Medical Center, Asian Hospital and Medical Center, University of the Philippines- Philippine General Hospital and Beverly Hills 6750 Skin Institute.
12. Elsie Floreza - Specializing in lasers, general dermatology, dermatopathology, Elsie Floreza is a respected dermatologist in the Philippines. She practices skin readings in Makati Medical Center and St. Luke's Medical Center.
13. Jasmin Jamora - US trained dermapathologist, Jasmin Jamora does laser and basic dermatology but not liposuction. She has clinics in Batangas St., Makati, Makati Medical Center, and St. Luke's Medical Center.
14. Cherie Abaya-Blas - Dr. Blas is a board-certified dermatologist of the Philippine Dermatological Society & an International Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology. She is a dermatologic surgeon trained in medical, cosmetic & energy-based dermatological procedures. She practices at the St. Luke's Medical Center.
16. Marlon O. Lajo, MD, FPAPRAS- a board certified, fully trained cosmetic plastic surgeon. He practices in St. Lukes Med Center, Manila Doctors Hospital and Asian Hospital & med Center. He keeps online on www.plasticsurgeonOnline.net . He found great interest in rhinoplasty(noselift), blepharoplasty, liposuction, breast augmentation, tummy tuck and butt augmentation.
17. Margaret Plaza-Corcoran, M.D., FPDS - Dr. Margaret Plaza-Corcoran is a Fellow of the Philippine Dermatological Society and a Fellow of the International Society of Dermatology. She specializes in cosmetic dermatology, lasers and dermatologic surgery.