Top 10 summer destinations near Metro Manila
Summer is the time of the year where kids and kids-at-heart look forward to spending quality time away from school and work and relaxing and enjoying the wonderful scenery, refreshing waters of either pools or beaches and good quality food and amenities. But not everyone has extra money to spend or time to travel to far away places, so WikiPilipinas is presenting you a list of the top 10 budget-friendly summer destinations that are near Metro Manila.
The Rizal Memorial Sports Complex is the national sports complex of the Philippines. Built in 1934, it is considered as the oldest sports complex in Asia. It is located on Pablo Ocampo (formerly Vito Cruz) St., Malate, Manila.
The whole family would be in for a fun-filled sporting day as the sports complex has a basketball stadium, badminton hall, swimming pool, a coliseum, track and football stadium, tennis center and taekwondo room.
The sports complex is open from Tuesday to Sunday. Admission price for adults is PHP 40 on weekdays and PHP 55 on weekends.
Ace Water Spa is a recreation facility offering hydrotherapy massage and “medicinal bathing”. Its name and concept trace back to the Latin phrase “Salus per aquam” which means “Health through water”. Because of the healing effects of water, it is used in soothing and treating illnesses. Located at two prime locations:399 Del Monte Ave. near cor Banawe St., SFDM, Quezon City and United St. cor Brixton St. near Pioneer, Kapitolyo, Pasig City, Ace offers a a variety of pools, steam and sauna, and massage types.
Ace Water Spa is open daily from 6 AM to 11 PM. All its facilities may be used for four (4) hours for only PHP 550 for adults and PHP 250 per kid (4 ft. and below).
Splash Island is an adventure water park located at Southwoods Ecocentrum at Biñan, Laguna. Splash offers 17 different attractions (Rio Montanosa, Dos Supremos, Isla Pawikan, Twisted Palms, Big Bam Boo, Bannakita, Balsa River, King Pilipit, Magellan's Drop, Tausug Trails, Agos Grandes, Boon Docks, Water Wahoo!, Twin Coco Knots, Camp Carambola, Curl-of-the-Orient, The Harbor), gift shops and food stalls.
Splash is open daily from 8 AM to 6 PM. For Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, an All Day Pass is worth PHP 499 and the visitor may use either the Zipline, the Mini Golf or the High Ropes. The All Day Pass for Mondays to Thursdays costs PHP 399.
Volet's is a resort located at Aguinaldo Highway at Dasmariñas, Cavite. Other than the landscape garden, a wide wave pool and slides, the place also offers Eduardo's KTV and Live Band, Ejj's Kitchenette, and the Evolution Gaming. All of its rooms are air-conditioned and with hot and cold showers to suit each customer's needs.
Day or night swimming costs PHP 200 per head while overnight swimming costs PHP 220 per head.
Daranak Falls is a government-owned park and part of the laguna watershed. Located at Bgy. Tandang Kutyo in the town of Tanay, Rizal, its name is from the phrase “Dadanak ang dugo” which probably dates back to the time of the Katipunan.
A favorite location shooting area of most local and international movies and advertising outfits in the country, Daranak Falls nestles quietly at the foot of the Tanay mountains, preserved with the natural vegetation, complemented with beautiful waterfalls, ponds, and rivers cascading through elaborate tropical trees and plants. This 14-meter high falls is truly a refreshing site.
Entrance fee is about PHP 20 per person and the use of cottages cost about PHP 350 each.
Caylabne Bay Resort is a rest and recreation facility located at Barangay Sapang, Ternate, Cavite. Aside from swimming, the resort offers a variety of activities like hiking, island hopping, boating and nature tripping.
Room accommodations range from PHP 5000 to PHP 17000. The use of different water sports facilities like aquatrike, kayak, banana boat, ski biscuit, wake boarding and jet ski costs from PHP 150 to PHP 3500.
The Hidden Sanctuary is a resort in Marilao, Bulacan which recreates the beach experience with its twin multiple-wave pools and white sand island. Its two wave pools are inspired by the waters of Boracay and the Gulf of Lingayen. The two are separated by the Cayen Island Cafe complete with white sand, drinks and stage for performances of live bands.
Guests can also enjoy the view of the whole resort and hotel by walking on the 110 meter stretch of the Great Wall. Halfway through the walk is a tree house that will serve as a rest area. Kids would also enjoy a kiddie pool complete with a slide and a waiting area for parents who want to look after their kids. The resort also has a restaurant which serves Filipino dishes and delicacies, a Mini Zoo, Zipline, and a souvenir shop.
For day swimming, the resort rates are PHP 150 for children and senior citizens and PHP 200 for adults. For night swimming, it costs about PHP 200 for children and senior citizens. Infants are free of charge.
The Big Rock Farm Resort in Coral na Bato, San Rafael in Bulacan is considered to be one of the newest attractions in Bulacan. With amenities like the cave bar and the cave pool with a stage and a jacuzzi, guests can feel as if they are really swimming and having fun inside a cave.
Other attractions of the resort include slides and man-made waterfalls. Guests can also use the resorts' videoke and billiard table. They can also try horseback riding.
Entrance to the resort costs PHP 100 for day swimming, PHP 130 for night swimming and PHP 150 for an overnight swimming. Children, two years old and below, are free of charge.
The Caliraya Resort Club is a resort nestled along the Caliraya Lake shoreline in Lumban, Laguna. Guests can choose from and enjoy a variety of waterfront activities, outdoor games, table games and team building activities.
Waterfront activities include the use of a speedboat, jet ski, ferry boat, ski board, knee board, weight board, high chair, canoe, kayak, zorb ball and water roller balls. Outdoor games include wall climbing, zipline, tennis, basketball, volleyball, soccer, earth ball, soft ball, badminton, slip n slide, obstacle course, wishing well, slides, rainbow pass, fishing, horseback riding and bonfire. Table games include bible trivia, blitz cards, domino, chinese checkers, outburst, scrabble, whatizit, cheeseboard, taboo and tycoon. Team building activities include the Amazing Race, All board, Blind Polygon, Electric Fence, Hand Cuffs, Magic Carpet, Mine Field, Nitro Crossing, Parallel Walk, Porthole, Spider Web, Traffic Jam, Trust Fall, Caterpillar Race, Canoe Race, Earth ball Challenge, Marble Transfer, Multi Tug of War, Obstacle Course, Parachute Game, Sack Wheel Race and Slip N Slide.
Guests can also choose from 72 fully-furnished hotel rooms. Room rates range from PHP 2000 to PHP 8000.
La Virginia Hotel and Resort is a privately-owned beach in Brgy. Manggahan, Mataasnakahoy in Batangas. The resort boasts of its infinity pool, picnic tree house, zipline, hanging bridge, Buddha view-deck, pagoda and a chapel. Guests can appreciate the wonders of nature more by seeing the scenic backdrop view of the Taal Lake.
The resort has an entrance fee of PHP 300 for adults and PHP 200 for children. Accommodation rates range from PHP 2500 to PHP 30,000.
- “apr 22-2012.budget friendly resorts”.YouTube.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Faqs”.ACE Water Spa.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Basic Info”.facebook.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Explore”.Splash Island.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Park Admission and Fees”.Splash Island.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Rizal Memorial Sports Complex”.WikiPilipinas.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Rizal Memorial Sports Complex”.Swimmers Guide.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Rizal Memorial Sports Complex (Manila)”.wikimapia.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Volets Hotel and Resort Entrance Fee, Rooms Rates, Map, Contact Information”.Matts Cradle.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Volet's Resort Entrance Fee, Latest Features, Location Map, Room Rates and Contact Details”.PinoyTrend.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Home”.Volet's Resort.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Welcome to Volets Resorts Reviews”.Volets Resorts Review.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Daranak Falls”.WikiPilipinas.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Daranak Falls”.waypointsdotph.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “DIY Trip: Enchanting Daranak Falls”.Meet the X-plorers.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- Calinawan, Alexander.[http://www.tanaygeographic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67:daranakfalls “Enjoy Daranak Falls: A Summer Getaway.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Location map”.Caylabne Bay Resort.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “About us”.Caylabne Bay Resort.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Hot deals & promos”.Caylabne Bay Resort.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Accommodations”.Caylabne Bay Resort.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Amenities & Facilities”.Caliraya Resort Club Inc.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “About us”.Caliraya Resort Club Inc.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Accommodation”.Caliraya Resort Club Inc.(Accessed on 23 April 2013).
- “Home”.La Virginia Hotel and Resort.(Accessed on 24 April 2013).
- “About”.facebook.(Accessed on 24 April 2013).
- “Bulacan resort offers quick summer getaway”.ABSCBNnews.com.(Accessed on 24 April 2013).
- “Hidden Sanctuary the Resort”.Hidden Sanctuary Hotel and Resort.(Accessed on 24 April 2013).
- “About us”.Hidden Sanctuary Hotel and Resort.(Accessed on 24 April 2013).
- “Hidden Sanctuary Hotel and Resort (Official)”.facebook.(Accessed on 24 April 2013).
- “Big Rock Farm Resort”.Bulacan Resorts.(Accessed on 24 April 2013).
- “About”.facebook.(Accessed on 24 April 2013).