Top 10 Philippine Socialites
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
A socialite is a person of social prominence who spends significant resources entertaining and being entertained and who is usually a member of high society. These are the faces that are often seen in the top society magazines such as Philippine Tatler, Metro Society or Living Asia.
Here is the top 10 list of Philippine society's creme de la creme, by frequency of their appearances in social events and society pages.
((to access the knowledge database on Top 10 Philippine Socialites,click Top 10 Philippine Socialites link)
By Rank Order:
2. Imelda Cojuangco- Meldy or Imelda Cojuangco is a dedicated charity fund-raiser and patroness of the arts.
3. Tingting Cojuangco- former Tarlac governor Margarita Tingting Cojuangco is a popular socialite, philanthropist and social development scholar in the Philippines. She is married to Jose Peping Cojuangco.
4. Isabel Preysler - Isabel Preysler is a Filipino-Spanish born international socialite, model, journalist and TV host. Often dubbed "La Perla de Manila”,she has been voted as the most elegant and best-dressed woman in Spain consistently for years. She is the mother of international pop superstar Enrique Iglesias.
5. Rosemarie Arenas - Rosemarie Arenas or better known as Baby Arenas is a philanthropist, businesswoman, patroness of the arts and culture, and high-profile figure in Manila's society scene. She gained public prominence due to the alleged rumors of her past relationship with former President Fidel Ramos.
6. Mely Concepcion - A celebrated socialite, businesswoman and one of the best hostesses in the Philippines, Mely Concepcion is the matriach of the giant Concepcion business conglomerate in the Philippines.
7. Mellie Ablaza - Mellie Ablaza is one of the most prominent socialites in the Philippines. She is dubbed as one of the best party hostesses by Philippine Tatler and presently the Honorary Consul of Guatemala.
8. Bea Zobel - Bea Zobel is an outstanding philanthropist, art collector, cultural advocate, and socialite of the Philippines. She is married to Don Jaime Zobel de Ayala, former chairman of the Ayala Group of Companies.