Top 10 Philippine Movies That Made You Cry
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Admit it--even though you're a tinman with no heart or little miss snow queen who can't feel anything, there are still films that broke your heart and made you shed some tears.
So pass the tissue and don't blink--below are some of the Pinoy films that made you thankful to whoever invented hankies and tissues.
- Magnifico- An independent drama film starring Jiro Manio, Lorna Tolentino, Gloria Romero and Albert Martinez. The film received numerous awards here and abroad because of its depth, storyline, and acting.
- Anak- A film about a mother and a child. It stars Vilma Santos as an OFW mother with three kids and Claudine Barretto as her eldest and rebel child. This movie is a touching exposition making one realize how hard it is to be a mother.
- Tanging Yaman- A story about the typical Filipino family dealing with several familial issues. Gloria Romero plays the mother with Alzheimer's disease. Tanging Yaman is a somewhat contemporary Filipino version of the "Parable of the Prodigal Son."
- Ang Tatay kong Nanay- Starring Dolphy, this movie will ironically let the audience cry, and not laugh, with the King of Comedy. Ang Tatay kong Nanay is a film about a gay father (Dolphy). The film's main premis is that homosexuality is not an issue when it comes parental love.
- One More Chance- The conflict between hanging on to or letting go of love is the movie's main theme. Long-time love team John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo portray long time sweethearts who broke up but still have hang-ups whether they should hold on or move on.
- A Love Story- The typical love triangle story but with a twist. Starring Maricel Soriano, Aga Muhlach and Angelica Panganiban, the film will ironically let you sympathize with the "other woman" for the first time.
- All My Life- Starring Aga Muhlach and Kristine Hermosa, this film will make you shed lots of tears because of the unpredictably sad ending.
- Madrasta- A movie that will show the other side of a stepmom, contrary to the usual notion and stereotype of a second wife. The movie Madrasta, which stars Sharon Cuneta and Christopher de leon, presents the different pains and sufferings that a madrasta endures to get the affection of her husband's family.
- Saan Darating ang Umaga- A heart-breaking movie about a family. Starring Maricel Soriano, Nestor De Villa, Nida Blanca and Jaypee De Guzman, the film depicts the struggle of a family to make itself whole again after a tragic incident tears them apart.
- Inang Yaya- An independent drama film which stars Maricel Soriano. In the movie, Maricel plays a nanny who is torn between being a mother to her own daughter and being the nanny of her employer's daughter, especially when the two girls started competing for Norma's (Maricel's character) affection.
- Cruz, Francis. "Ang Tatay Kong Nanay (1978)." Blogspot. 25 June 2007. http://oggsmoggs.blogspot.com/2007/06/ang-tatay-kong-nanay-1978.html (accessed on November 21, 2007).
- "Plot summary for Saan darating ang umaga. IMDb. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375032/plotsummary (accessed on November 21, 2007).
 External Links