Top 10 Philippine Export Products
The Philippine export products have experienced a major drop this year, but that does not mean that it is far from recovering or flourishing anew. Here are the top ten Philippine export products in the country.
Although challenged by biofuel’s high local demands and experienced a significant drop, coconut oil remains to be at the top in the list of export products in the Philippines. They already have a rich database of individuals who continue to advance to trend of export of coconut products.
Even before Yamashita treasure days, the Philippine islands’ have been known for having substantial deposits of gold and other minerals. Northern Luzon, Masbate, Mindanao and the Negros Islands are some of the more prominent sources.
Dried Fish and Shellfish
Dried fish and other fish products are also another source of Philippine export products. The archipelago boasts of numerous bodies of water which make it a biodiversity hotspot filled with fishing areas.
Textile machineries, grinding machines, steel structures, cylinders and many others comprise the metal components being exported from the Philippines. The Philippines is quite known for specialization on these metal components that other countries do not have the manpower to do. The closure of Japanese magwheel firms also helped shift the attention of acquisition to Asian countries such as the Philippines.
Household Items, Woodcrafts and Furniture
The globe continues to rely on the Philippines for woodcrafts and furniture. The proliferation of products made from Acacia wood and narra are all part of the Philippine heritage and make for a unique part of one’s home or office.
Topping the list of fashion accessories is the Rags2Riches bags produced by the women of Payatas slum area in Quezon City. But this is not to be snubbed as the bags were designed by no less than Rajo Laurel. Fashion accessories are quite in trend and many people looking for the fresh and unique in fashion tend to look for export products from many countries, including the Philippines.
Despite rumored lack of product inventory, topping the list of Philippine exports are still the petroleum products.
High or low voltage electric apparatus are also exported by the Philippines to other countries. Over 50% of the export industry is anchored on the electric apparatus and semiconductors industry arm.
Design in wafer, publication and testing continues to be lucrative export industries for Filipinos. The semiconductors never run out of use in this highly technological world. Though there may be some issues in environmental standards, these are optimistically being worked out to strike the balance between profit and environment friendliness.
The influx of stores online and offline has helped enhance the numbers of the Philippine export of computer accessories. Its reputation as a fast growing shipment since its boom in 2008 has helped it become a very reliable export source for the Philippines.
- What are the Top Ten Philippines Export Products? Wikianswers.
- Philippine Export Drop Slows to 8.3 in October. GMA News Online.
- Top Filipino Exports & Imports Most Popular Products Traded Between the Philippines & America. Suite 101.
- United Coconuts Association in the Philippines
- Biofuels Cut Coconut Export. Manila Standard Today.
- Philippines-Mining. Encyclopedia of the Nations.
- Premium dried fish brings export potential to Camarines Sur town. Malaya Business Insight.
- The Philippine Metal Industry. Philippine Exporters Confederation
- Top Philippines Products. Tradekey.
- Payatas rag-bag biz is world’s best & brightest. Good News Pilipinas.
- Philippines’ petroleum product inventory falls as price cap remains. Asean Affairs.
- Semi-Conductors Philippines. Instruments for Change. Electronic Conferences.
- PGMA Fetes Top Export Firms. Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines in Berlin, Germany
- Philippines' Top Imports & Exports. Suite 101.