Top 10 Philippine Comedians
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
They say laughter is the best medicine; if so, these celebrities are the best doctors in the land. What's more, they dispense their medicine for free! The following people can light up almost everybody’s day by delivering their well-timed punch lines and funny antics. See who made it to the Top 10 of the Philippines' Pinakanakakaaliw na Komedyante.
In Rank Order:
- Dolphy- The "King of Comedy." He has been in show business for more than five decades already. He is also the husband of Zsa Zsa Padilla.
- Chiquito- A comedy actor who brought life some of the famous komiks characters like Asyong Aksaya, the caveman Barok, and Mang Kepweng.
- Panchito- Dolphy's sidekick in most of his films. His large nose is his characteristic trademark.
- Babalu- Another famous sidekick of Dolphy. He was well known for his long chin.
- Pugak- He was the tandem of Tugak and they both became popular in the 60's.
- Cachupoy- He started in show business in 1960. His trademark is his hair, which is always parted in the middle.
- Bert "Tawa' Marcelo- Known for his infectious and extraordinary high-pitched laughter.
- Pugo- He was acknowledged as the Filipino comedian with the perfect timing.
- Rene Requiestas- He was well known as Chee-tha-eh in the movie Starzan, with Joey de Leon.
- Rudy Manlapaz- Prominent comedian from the late 50's to the early 80's. He used to impersonate Pres. Diosdado Macapagal during his stage performances.
- Ramos, Tante de. "The Clowns Who Have Gone Away." Film Academy of the Philippines, 17 February 2006. http://filmacademyphil.org/?p=385 (accessed on August 9, 2007).
- "Rudy Manlapaz." IMDb.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1888373/bio (accessed on August 9, 2007).