Top 10 Most Romantic Philippine Movies
The Filipino is a hopeless romantic. Therefore, it stands to reason that romantic films have become a staple in the entertainment industry. From the latest John Lloyd and Bea starrer, to the films of Sharon and Gabby of a few decades back, Filipinos flock to the movie theaters for their usual dose of kilig. But which among these movies can we comfortably rank as one of the top 10 best romantic films of the recent years? Which among these movies didn't let up in giving us "ooh" and "awww" moments, or thoughts like, "I wish that were me" or "Why does that kind of thing not happen to me?!". So, get ready to hold someone's hand and read through our list of top 10 most romantic Philippine movies of the recent times, from the tenth to the top.
10. Milan - the Piolo Pascual and Claudine Barretto starrer, this film was set in the already-romantic backdrop of Italy. Couple that with the realistic love story of the main characters in their search for love and identity as OFWs in Milan, this film makes for a great romantic getaway.
9. Till I Met You - starring the comeback loveteam of Robin Padilla and Regine Velasquez, the film is another variation of the story of a guy who seeks to discredit a girl whom he believes to be a gold-digger, but eventually falls in love with the girl himself.
8. Till There Was You - this film with the Piolo Pascual and Judy Ann Santos tandem explores the developing love story between a guy and a girl whom he pays to stand in as the long-lost mom to his daughter.
7. Close to You - a highly kilig love triangle story starring John Lloyd Cruz, Bea Alonzo and Sam Milby. The film explores how John Lloyd's feelings for his long time friend, Bea, suddenly transform. Bea, however, is infatuated with Sam's character, while John Lloyd is struggling to let Bea know how he feels.
5. Hihintayin Kita Sa Langit - the great Philippine adaptation of Emily Bronte's novel Wuthering Heights, starring the real and reel-life love team of Richard Gomez and Dawn Zulueta. The two's on-screen chemistry really rocked the house.
2. Kailangan Ko'y Ikaw - the Robin Padilla and Regine Velasquez movie about a popular female singer who is kidnapped by a guy in order to make her experience life as an ordinary person. Predictably, but sweetly, they fall in love with each other.
1. Got 2 Believe - starring the late Rico Yan and his former girlfriend Claudine Barretto, the movie is about a wedding coordinator and a wedding photographer who initially get on each other's nerves, but soon learn to fall in love.
- "Pinaka-romantic Pinoy movies from QTV" http://www.starmometer.com/?p=1088
- "What is the most romantic Pinoy movie?" http://www.bncxe.org/archive/index.php?t-1294.html