Top 10 Most Romantic OPM Songs
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Warning: Shun away from these songs if you are brokenhearted.
- NOW THAT I HAVE YOU- A hit song from the group "The Company" about meeting someone special to fill up the empty space in one's life.
|“|| All of my life it seemed
That something had been missing
I didn't know what to do
Days would pass me by
Each as lonely as the other
Until I met you
Everything just seems so right
Now that I have you I'm alive You are the song that I'll be
Singing my whole life through
I'm living in a brighter world
Now that I have you...
- FOREVERMORE- Song from the band Side A that talks about a love and wish granted.
|“|| There are times when I just want to look at your face
With the stars in the night
There are times when I just want to feel your embrace
In the cold night
I just can't believe that you are mine now
I never thought I would be right for you
I just can't compare you with anything in this world
You're all I need to be with forevermore...
- HOW DID YOU KNOW- Chiqui Pineda sung this song and Gary Valenciano made his own rendition for the movie All My Life. The song is all about meeting the perfect person in the lowest and probably saddest part of one's life.
|“|| I remember so well
The day that you came into my life
You asked for my name
You had the most beautiful smile...
I needed someone like you in my life
That there’s an empty space in my heart
You came at the right time in my life...
- MINSAN LANG KITANG IIBIGIN- Sung by Ariel Rivera, this song talks about a promise of eternal love.
|“|| Mahal, pangako sa iyo
Ikaw lang ang iibigin ko
At masaktan ako
Asahan na 'di maglalaho...
Minsan lang kitang mamahalin
Ang pagmamahal sa'yo'y walang hangganan
Dahil ang minsan, ay magpakailanman...
- MUNTIK NA KITANG MINAHAL- Sung by "The Company." the song talks about an unspoken love.
|“|| May sikreto akong sasabihin sa `yo
Mayroong nangyaring hindi mo alam
Ito'y isang lihim itinagong kay tagal
Muntik na kitang minahal ...
Na sana nga'y tayong dalawa
Bawa't tanong mo'y iniwasan ko
Akala ang pag-ibig mo'y `di totoo
`Di ko alam kung anong nangyari
Damdamin ko sa `yo'y hindi ko nasabi
Hanggang ang puso mo'y napagod
Sa paghihintay kay tagal
Saka ko lang naisip muntik na kitang minahal...
- IKAW- Sung by Asia's songbird Regine Velasquez, Ikaw is the most requested song in weddings. It talks about love driven by destiny and God's promise.
|“|| Ikaw ang bigay ng Maykapal
Tugon sa aking dasal
Upang sa lahat ng panahon
Ang ibigin ko'y ikaw ...
Ang sanhi ay ikaw
Kung may bukas mang tinatanaw
Dahil may isang ikaw...
- PAKISABI NA LANG- This song from "The Company" is another song about "unspoken love" to a person who is already committed to someone.
|“|| Nais kong malaman niya nagmamahal ako
'Yan lang ang nag-iisang pangarap ko
Gusto ko mang sabihin 'di ko kayang simulan
'Pag nagkita kayo pakisabi na lang
'Di na baleng my mahal siyang iba
(Pakisabi na lang)
Pakisabi huwag siyang mag-alala
'Di ako umaasa...
- FOREVER- A romantic duet by Regine Velasquez and Martin Nievera about a perfect and ideal love that has gone astray
|“|| You and I
We have moments left to share You and I
We can make it anywhere You and I
We belong in each other arms
There can be no other love
Now I know we can have it all
- GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER- A feel good song by the Kilabot ng mga Kolehiyala Ariel Rivera. It talks about a friendship that's slowly blossoming into a romantic feeling. Original version was sung by Gerard Kenny but the song captured the Pinoy's heart when it was sang by our very own Ariel.
|“|| I call you and you call me
It's funny how we get on so easily
We're just friends aren't we
You've got yours, I've got mine
And friends are all we ever could be
A little too well
( Getting to know each other )
( A little too well )
We're starting to show our feelings
And people can tell...
- FRIEND OF MINE- The song about a harbored hidden feelings towards a friend is originally composed and sung by Odette Quesada and was also sung Lea Salonga.
|“|| I’ve known you for so long
You are a friend of mine
But is this all we’d ever be?
I’ve loved you ever since
You are a friend of mine
And babe is this all we ever could be?
I shown you love you’ve never shown
But then again, when you cry
I’m always at your side...
- Now That I Have you written by The Company
- Forevermore written by Joey Benin
- How Did You Know written by
- Minsan Lang Kitang Iibigin written by
- Muntik na Kitang Minahal written by
- Ikaw written by
- Pakisabi na lang written by
- Forever written by
- Getting to Know Each Other written by
- Friend of Mine written by Odette Quesada
- "Most Romantic OPM songs." Girltalk. http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,169172.0.html (accessed on February 15, 2008)