From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
|Political Party:|| Former Chairman Kabalikat ng Malayang Pilipino (Kampi) |
Margarita "Tingting" Delos Reyes Cojuangco, Ph. D., is a celebrated politician, philanthropist and socialite. She was the former Chairman of the Kabalikat ng Malayang Pilipino (Kampi) party and a member of the Council of Philippine Affairs (COPA). She is a columnist in The Philippine Star, and is currently vying for one of the 12 senatorial spots in the 2013 Philippine general elections, which will be held in May 2013.
Margarita Cojuangco is the wife of the President of the Philippine Olympic Committee and former Representative Jose Cojuangco, Jr., and is the mother to one of the popular equestriennes of the country, Mikaela "Mikee" Cojuangco (who is married to former Representative Dodot Jaworski. Their other children are Josephine Cojuangco (married to Francisco Javier Guingona), Dr. Liaa Cojuangco Bautista (married to Emmanuel Bautista), Margarita "Mai-mai" Demetria Cojuangco Zini (married to Andrei Zini), and Regina Patricia "China" Jose Delos Reyes Cojuangco.
Cojuangco studied in the University of Santo Tomas. She finished her MA National Security Administration studies at the National Defense College.
Cojuangco also holds a doctorate degree in criminology and Philippine history.
Cojuangco served as the President of the Philippine Public Safety College for eight years. She also served as Governor of Tarlac from 1992 to 1998, and Presidential Assistant in 2001.
She is also known for her humanitarian projects and her work among Muslim communities. She has participated in the peace talks with the Moro National Liberation Front.
Cojuangco has also taken on Gawad Kalinga as her pet philanthropy.
 Proposed Legislation
- Public Safety Reorganization & Reform Act
- National Crime Surveillance and Protection Act (Otherwise known as the BIG BROTHER Act )
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Environmental Management Act (Otherwise known as the DREAM Act)
- Barangay Insurance for Development Associates (BIDA) Act
(Otherwise known as the BIDA ng Barangay Insurance Act)
- Motorcycle Buyers Rights and Riders Safety Act
- Development Incentives for Renewable Energy (DIRE) Act
- Home Buyers Condonation and Protection Act
- OFW Family Welfare Leave Act
- Magna Carta for Barangay Volunteer Workers
- Ultimate Voters Choice Act (Otherwise known as the NOTA "None of the Above" Act)
- BANGSAMORO ORGANIC ACT
 Awards and recognition
- part of the Philippine Tatler's Who's Who of the Philippines, 2009
- one of Harper's Bazaar's 100 Most Beautiful Women in the world, 1968
- "Selected Families and Individuals." http://paniqui_embry.tripod.com/alliedfam/aqwg13.htm (August 13, 2007).
- "Directory of Officials." http://www.ppsc.gov.ph/directory.html(August 13, 2007).
- Who's Who of the Philippines. Philippine Tatler. 2009.
- “Senatorial Candidates for the 2013 Elections compiled by PoliTikalon, The Official Weblog of JR Lopez Gonzales”..doctsoc.(Accessed on 11 February 2013).
- Dizon, Nikko.“Tingting Cojuangco: I’m not just a pretty face”.Inquirer News.(Accessed on 11 February 2013).
- "Tingting Cojuangco, Advocacies" (Accessed on 3 March 2013)
 External link
- “AN EVENING WITH MS. MARGARITA "TINGTING" COJUANGCO”.KUMAGCOW.com.(Accessed on 11 February 2013).