From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
The Taft Commission, also known as Second Philippine Commission, was established by United States President William McKinley on March 16, 1900. The Commission was the legislature of the Philippines, then known as the Philippine Islands under the sovereign control of the United States during the Philippine-American War. After the passage of the Philippine Organic Act in 1902, the Commission functioned as the one House of a bicameral legislature until it was supplanted in 1916 by an elected legislature established in 1916 by the Philippine Autonomy Act. William Howard Taft was the first head of the Philippine Commission, a post he filled between March 16, 1900 and September 1, 1901. Taft then succeeded himself as commission head, while concurrently serving as Civil Governor until January 31, 1904. The Philippine Commission was subsequently headed by a number of persons, but is often mentioned informally and collectively as the "Taft Commission".
 See also
 External links
- McKinley's Instructions to the Second Philippine Commission, 07 April 1900. Published in Filipiniana.net accessed on January 7, 2008.
 Further reading
- Philippine House of Representatives Congressional Library
- The Presidents of the Senate of the Republic of the Philippines. ISBN 971-8832-24-6.
- Pobre, Cesar P.. Philippine Legislature 100 Years. ISBN 971-92245-0-9.