TV Patrol Central Visayas
|TV Patrol Central Visayas|
| 280px |
TV Patrol Central Visayas
|Created by||ABS-CBN Regional Network Group|
|Starring||Leo Lastimosa and Haide Acuña|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
|Running time||1 hour|
|Original channel||ABS-CBN Cebu|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||August 28, 1988 – present|
TV Patrol Central Visayas (formerly TV Patrol Cebu) is the local news network broadcast of the ABS-CBN Regional Network Group in Mandaue City. It has been the most watched news program in Metro Cebu and the Central Visayas region. The program delivers news headlines about the current events in Central Visayas. It is aired live daily from the ABS-CBN Cebu Station at 6:00 to 6:30 PM, from Monday to Friday, with simulcast over ABS-CBN TV-12 Dumaguete and on radio thru DYAB Radyo Patrol 1512 kHz.
Anchored by Leo Lastimosa and Atty. Haide Acuna, TV Patrol Central Visayas had been recognized by Catholic Mass Media Awards (CMMA) as Best TV News Program in 2005 and in 2008. It was further given recognition by Cebu Archdiocesan Media Awards (CAMMA) as the Best TV News Program in 2007 and 2009.
They close the program saying "Mabuhi ka Kapamilya!" literally, "long live the kapamilyas!".
In addition, it is only one of the newscasts in the Philippines with a video showing sign language of the news for audience with visual difficulties similar to TV Patrol Northern Luzon.
When TV Patrol Central Visayas was launched on August 28, 1988, it was originally called TV Patrol Cebu, making them to be the first and the longest running regional TV Patrol in the Philippines. Since then, it had covered stories ranging from natural disasters, man-made disasters, religious conflicts, tribal conflicts, political controversies, social issues and crime stories, that are in Cebuano.
Dante Luzon joined Nanette Tapayan and Rosemarie Borromeo as the newscast's début anchors.
On July 14, 1997, Luzon became the sole anchor of the newscast, with Rico Lucena as his alternate.
In March 12, 2001, Leo Lastimosa replaced Dante Luzon in order for the latter to run for Mayor of Cebu City.
TV Patrol Central Visayas celebrated its 22nd anniversary on 2010. The same year, the newscast updated their graphics, OBB, and studio set.
- Channel 3 Cebu News (1969 – 1988)
- TV Patrol Cebu (1988 – 2001)
- Police Patrol (Police Reports)
- Sports Patrol (Sports News)
- Ronda Patrol (Breaking News)
- Tabang Patrol (Public Service)
- Star Patrol (Showbiz News)
- Eco Patrol (Environmental News)
- Maayong Balita (Good News)
- Foreign Patrol (World News)
- Leo Lastimosa
- Atty. Haide Acuña
- Ina Reformina
- Dante Luzon - currently CCTN News anchor
- Harry Gasser
- Vicky Hermosisima
- Robinson Yap
- Nanette Tapayan
- Bingo Gonzales
- Rosemarie Borromeo
- Vilma Andales
- Carine Asutilla
- Carmi Cavanlit
- Randy Jainar
- Jun Niño
- Joworski Alipon
- Vera Leigh Lasam
- Rico Lucena
- Junrey Nadela
- Rachelle Dangin
- Reno Tallada
- Cathy Gabronino
- Titus Borromeo
- Bob Malazarte
- Juve Villar
- Marlon Bellita
- Jun Tariman
- Rosemarie Holganza-Borromeo
- Gil Denuro
- Shiela Estrada
- Ina Reformina - currently ABS-CBN News Manila reporter
- Fil Lamberang
- Kim Quilinguing
- Noemi King
- RJ Leduna
- Nancy Bacalso-Ferrer
- DX Lapid
- Kara Mae Noveda
- Cool Hand Luke: The Tar Sequence by Lalo Schifrin, (August 3, 1970 to September 11, 1992)
- KABC Eyewitness News, by Frank Becker, (August 20, 1984 to June 29, 1990)
- News Series 2000, by Gari Communications, Inc., (July 2, 1990 to September 29, 1995)
- Eyewitness News Series 1, by Gari Communications, Inc., (October 2, 1995 to January 18, 2008)
- Eyewitness News New Generation Series 1, by Gari Communications, Inc., (January 21, 2008)