|DigiTel Mobile Philippines, Inc. d/b/a Sun Cellular|
|File:Sun cellular logo.gif|
|Type||Subsidiary of Digital Telecommunications Philippines (DigiTel)|
|Founded||Manila, Philippines (2003)|
|Headquarters||Quezon City, Philippines|
|Lance L. Gokongwei, Jr., President and CEO|
| Postpaid/Prepaid Subscriptions|
|Digital Telecommunications Philippines|
|Better Network, better Value.|
DigiTel Mobile Philippines, Inc. d/b/a Sun Cellular is a mobile telecommunication service provider in the Philippines. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Telecommunications Philippines, or Digitel. It is assigned to an access code of 922/923. The company began its operations in 2003. Its position as a latecomer in the market allowed it to put up infrastructure at lower cost.
Sun Cellular gained popularity because of its "24/7" offer of unlimited text messaging and calls for a fixed price for Sun-to-Sun transactions. This led competing networks Smart Communications and Globe Telecom to offer similar but higher-cost plans.
Sun Cellular has been up for almost 4 years. The President or the CEO of this company is Ms. Raissa Anne S. Bola. It is the fastest growing mobile network in the Philippines. Sun Cellular, having technologies and infrastructure of almost 6-8 years of that of Globe Telecom is a great leap for telecommunications. But coming late into the market may be a little tough for Sun, a whole lot of money must be given for advertising and system improvements.
- March, 2003
- Sun Cellular began operations in major cities of the Philippines
- October, 2004
- Sun Cellular began to offer 24/7 Call and texts unlimited for 250php a month and 100php for 10 days
- Covered more areas of the Philippines
- March, 2005
- Sun Cellular began to offer call and text unlimited for 350php a month and 100php a week
- Sun Cellular began to also offer texts unlimited for 150php a month and 50php a week
- Sun Cellular improved their service much more and increased the capacity of their network
- February, 2006
- Sun introduced a free voice calls included in texts unlimited cards for 4 hours and 1 hour respectively
- March, 2006
- Sun increased the price of their texts unlimited cards to 450 and 150 respectively
- September, 2006
- Sun introduced the 100php call and text unlimited for 5 days
- February, 2007
- Sun introduced 25Php 1 day call and text unlimited
Sun Cellular offers the range of services include:
- VOICE SERVICES
- CALL TYPES
- VOICE MAIL SERVICES
- CALL MANAGEMENT
- MESSAGING SERVICES
- LOCAL TEXT MESSAGING
- INTERNATIONAL TEXT MESSAGING
- MULTIMEDIA MESSAGING
Value Added Services
|Call&Text Unlimited 450||Unlimited Sun-to-Sun Calls and Texts, preloaded with P50 regular load||30days|
|Call&Text Unlimited 150||Unlimited Sun-to-Sun Calls and Texts, preloaded with P25 Regular load||7days|
|Call&Text Unlimited 100||Unlimited Sun-to-Sun Calls and Texts||5days|
|Call&Text Unlimited 25||Unlimited Sun-to-Sun Calls and Texts||1 day|
|Text Unlimited 150||Unlimited Sun-to-Sun Text, preloaded with 4 free hours voice calls||30 days|
|Text Unlimited 50||Unlimited Sun-to-Sun Text, preloaded with 1 free hour voice calls||7 days|
|Text Unlimited Lite 20||Unlimited Sun-to-Sun Text only||2 days|
|Daylite 100||Preloaded with P30.00 Regular. Unlimited Sun-to-Sun Calls from 12 midnight to 6 pm. P0.25/min Sun-to-Sun Calls from 6:01 pm to 11:59 pm and unlimited Sun-to-Sun Texts All Day, All Night.||7 days|
|Convert-A-Load 50||Get 70 text messages to other networks.||10 days|
|Convert-A-Load 25||Get 30 text messages to other networks||5 days|
|Top10 IDD Calls 100||USD0.10/minute to 10 destinations. US (Mainland), China, Hong Kong, Canada, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, Guam, and Macau.||7 days|
|Sulit Calls 30||One Hour of Sun-to-Sun Calls||7 days|
- Sun IMessenger - it allows you to send instant messages to your Yahoo!, MSN, AOL and ICQ buddies. .
- Give-a-load - it can send load to anyone, of any amount from one peso (P1.00) to twenty pesos (P20.00).
- Sun MyVault - it securely stores your mobile data such as Contacts and Text Messages.
- The Mall - it allows easy access to a wide range of Sun Cellular services. Similar to browsing on the web.
Sun Cellular's electronic prepaid reload service allows you to load "Over-the-Air" via an accredited Sun Xpress Load Retailer. Aside from giving you FREE SMS every time you purchase regular load, Sun Xpress Load now provides you the ease of a one-stop reload shop by allowing you to purchase the best value Unlimited Services, Special Loads and VAS Subscription, and even other Non-Sun prepaid load for Internet, gaming and landline via OTA.
Before Sun entered the market Globe and Smart has been running smoothly and in the heat of competing for the same price of service. While the lower providers or what we so call "Branches" of these two companies namely Touch Mobile and Talk n' Text offers low prices on calls and services. When Sun cellular entered the scene the two big giants where not threatened by this little provider. Sun has been left behind and need to come up with a plan to lure more subscribers to their network and that's when the UNLIMITED madness came. Sun has been able to come up with this strategy to lure customer and the population in growing each week. Ever since all other competing network is copying these strategies until now.
Sun, today is providing the best offers and services for it's subscribers. Sun Cellular is branded as the fastest growing network in the Philippines.
Corporate: Before "24/7 Unlimited" has been launched, a majority of medium and large enterprises were spending hundreds of thousands in cellphone bill, with a minimum of P15,000/month for each operation
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination