Sts. Peter and Paul Church (Bauang, La Union)
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Sts. Peter and Paul Church is located at Bauang, La Union and is one of the oldest church in the country. The church was founded in 1580 and was canonically finished on 25 April 1587 by the Augustinian missionaries. The church was damaged during the 1892 earthquake, was restored in 1895 and was damaged again in 1944 while the stone convent was destroyed in 1955. The convent was restored and in its place stands the present Sacred Heart School.
A rectangular four-storey bell tower which have two bells was restored with cement and hollow blocks in 1973 while the interior was painted in 1978. On 16 July 1989, the facade was once again damaged by an earthquake and was later rebuilt.
- Sts. Peter and Paul Parish Launion.gov.ph (Accessed 16 June 2010)
- Towns and Cities Biyahero.net (Accessed 16 June 2010)