Sto. Domingo Church
Sto.Domingo Church was built by the Dominican Order under the supervision of Bishop Domingo De Salazar,OP of Intramuros, Manila.It was a wooden structure then. It was reconstructed again together with the convent after it collapsed in 1589 but this time it was made up of concrete. It was called "Our Lady of the Rosary" or "Our Lady of La Naval". It was relocated to Quezon City after getting lot of destruction during the World War 2.The image is credited for having saved the city from a Dutch invasion in 1646. It is honored in a much celebrated religious festival.
The church is one of the tallest and largest in the Philippines. The main altar has a mosaic of St. Dominic designed by Architect Jose Zaragoza. Galo Ocampo designed the stained glass windows. The mural in front was created by Francesco Riccardo Monti.
- National Historical Institute.Historical Markers:Mtropolitan Manila.Manila:National Historical Institute,1993.
- "Santo Domingo Church." (accessed on July 19, 2007).