St. Francis of Assisi Church(Siquijor)

From Wikipilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

St. Francis of Assisi Church located at the Poblacion, began by Fr. Setien in 1793, finished by Fr. Alonso de Los Dolores from 1795 to 1831. Its bell tower was created in 1891, built to protect and forewarn the island folks of approaching pirates and other adversaries.


Reference

Layug, Benjamin L. "A tourist guide to notable Philippine Churches." Quezon City: New Day Publication,2007.

Citation

Wikipinas.png

Original content from WikiPilipinas. under GNU Free Documentation License. See full disclaimer.