Solomon Saprid (13 March 1917- 28 September 2003) was a modern Philippine sculptor who became known for his works in bronze which he created by welding scraps of metal, producing a characteristic jagged effect. His Tikbalang Series, which he began in 1971, is particularly acclaimed.
Some of his accomplishments
- Represented the Philippines in the 1971 Indian Triennale and the 1973 Australian Biennial
- Won the Araw ng Maynila award in 1970
- First one-man show at the Solidaridad Galleries (1969)
- First Prize, International Christmas Card Contest, World Literacy and Christian Culture (1961)
- Guillermo, Alice. Image to Meaning: Essays on Philippine Art. Quezon City: Ateneo de Manila University Press, 2001.
- http://www.geocities.com/~idolomo/saprid.html Profile of Solomon Saprid