From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
SkyCable is a direct-to-home cable TV subscription service and the largest cable company in the Philippines. It is established by the Lopez and Central CATV group of companies, and one of ABS-CBN Corporation subsidiaries. It should not be confused as another service of British Sky Broadcasting in the United Kingdom, neither it nor its parent company, News Corporation, owns interest in SkyCable even the latter carries STAR TV and Fox International Channels. On January 1990, SkyCable was founded and started its CATV operation on January 26, 1992 and rolled out 8,500 miles of fiber optic cables. In 1995, SkyCable grew its subscriber base to 20,000 subscribers. In 2006, it launched Silver Prepaid, the first prepaid cable TV service in the Philippines and expanded its business by venturing into Internet and VoIP services in 2008. Today, it has over half a million subscribers.
Since it started community antenna television system operation in the Philippines on January 26, 1992, SkyCable provides cable Internet, VoIP services and digital cable TV service.
- On June 6, 1990, SkyCable Corporation was incorporated via 79.3% stake in Sky Vision Corporation, operator of cable brands, SkyCable and Sun Cable.
- On April 18, 1991, Sky Vision Corporation was incorporated and ventures into cable television (SkyCable and Sun Cable), communication, system, television media, shopping network (Sky Mall) and film distribution (Sky Jemah). It is owned 18.8% by ABS-CBN Corporation and 78% by Lopez Inc.
- On March 30, 1995, Central CATV Inc. was granted a 25-year provisional franchise to establish, construct, maintain and operated community antenna television system in the Philippines through Republic Act 7969.
- In 1997, Sky Vision Corporation acquired 47% of Pilipino Cable Corp., operator of Sun Cable for P900 million.
- In 1997, SkyCable launches its first cable TV branded credit card in the Philippines, the SkyCard Mastercard with SolidBank and the SkyCard-Citibank Mastercard with Citibank N.A.
- In 2001, Benpress Holdings Inc. and Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company signed a master consolidation agreement for SkyCable Corporation to consolidate its interest.
- In July 2001, Unilink Communications Corp. operator of Home Cable, Philippines second largest cable TV company, merged its CATV operation to SkyCable and created Beyond Cable Inc. with an enterprise value of P14.5 billion. Beyond Cable Inc. controls 66.5% through Benpress Holdings Corp. and 33.5% through MediaQuest Holdings, Inc.
- On December 7, 2001, Beyond Cable Holdings Inc. was incorporated.
- In May 2011, Singaporean firm STT Communications Pte. Ltd. acquired 40 percent of SkyCable through Philippine Depositary Receipts worth P3.612 billion and P250 million of convertible notes to fund the expansion of SkyCable’s broadband Internet and cable TV services.
 Company timeline
- January 1990 – SkyCable is founded.
- January 26, 1992 – SkyCable began its CATV operation.
- SkyCable launched MTV Asia, Prime Sports (now STAR Sports), STAR Chinese Channel and BBC World Service.
- February 21, 1992 – SkyCable launched STAR Plus (now STAR World).
- SkyCable launched The "i" channel and Sky Movies (its first local movie channel) replacing HBO Asia.
- SkyCable launched its own shopping channel, Sky Mall replacing Sky Shop.
- January 1, 1994 – SkyCable launched Asia Business News.
- June 12, 1994 – SkyCable launched Sky1: The Filipino Channel (later renamed to Pinoy Blockbuster Channel then to Cinema One.
- April 1996 – SkyCable launched NBC Asia.
- April 17, 1996 – STAR TV rebranded STAR Plus into Hindi programming channel and launches STAR World as a new English-language entertainment channel.
- May 1, 1996 – SkyCable launched its first local news channel, Sarimanok News Network (now ABS-CBN News Channel or ANC).
- October 1996 – SkyCable relaunched HBO Asia replacing Sky Movies.
- November 2, 1996 – SkyCable launched Cinemax.
- June 1997 – SkyCable launched its first cable TV branded credit card in the Philippines in partnership with SolidBank Corporation, the SkyCard Mastercard.
- SkyCable removed Discovery Channel and launched its first documentary channel, the Knowledge Channel.
- August 31, 1997 – SkyCable launched MGM Gold.
- November 30, 1997 – SkyCable changed its channel guide; Studio 23 moves to channel 23.
- December 15, 1997 – SkyCable launched Hallmark Channel (now Diva Universal).
- SkyCable's shopping channel, Sky Mall ceased operation.
- January 1998 – Asia Business News merged its commercial operation with CNBC.
- February 2, 1998 – SkyCable launched CNBC Asia Business News.
- April 1, 1998 – MGM Gold ceased commercial operation.
- June 1998 – NBC Asia ceased operation and rebranded as National Geographic Channel.
- June 1, 1998 – CNBC Asia Business News rebranded as CNBC Asia.
- July 1998 – SkyCable launched National Geographic Channel replacing NBC Asia.
- January 1, 1999 – The "i" channel ceased airing on SkyCable.
- May 1, 1999 – SkyCable removed STAR Movies and replaced by Nickelodeon as an add-on channel.
- May–June 1999 – SkyCable removed STAR World and Channel V.
- July 11, 1999 – SkyCable launched Lifestyle Network.
- August 1, 1999 – SkyCable removed AXN.
- October 1999 – SkyCable relaunched Discovery Channel.
- November 6, 1999 – SkyCable relaunched Knowledge Channel as an educational cable channel, replacing the old Knowledge Channel, as documentary channel.
- May 1, 2000 – SkyCable relaunched AXN.
- September 2000 – SkyCable relaunched SkyCard Mastercard to SkyCard-Citibank Mastercard in partnership with Citibank N.A.
- May 20, 2001 – Cinema One replaced Pinoy Blockbuster Channel as a digital Filipino movie channel.
- October 19, 2001 – SkyCable acquired Home Cable. SkyCable also launched its own sports channel (channel 29).
- December 31, 2001 – SkyCable launched ABC Asia Pacific (now Australia Network).
- April 18, 2002 – SkyCable and Home Cable relaunched STAR TV channels (namely ESPN, STAR Sports, STAR Movies, STAR Movies Mandarin (now STAR Chinese Movies), STAR World, Channel V and National Geographic Channel) after three years of absence.
- June 3, 2002 – Vid-Ok became MYX as the local music channel.
- July 1, 2002 – SkyCable launched Disney Channel.
- October 1, 2002 – SkyCable removed ABC Asia Pacific (now Australia Network) and launched TCT.
- February 1, 2003 – Channel realignment: Knowledge Channel moved to channel 6, ABS-CBN to channel 8, NBN to channel 10, ABC (now TV5) to channel 12, GMA Network to channel 14, RPN to channel 15 and IBC to channel 16.
- December 8, 2003 – Channel realignment: NBN to channel 6, ABC (now TV5) to channel 10, GMA Network to channel 12 and Knowledge Channel to Channel 14.
- May 7, 2004 – SkyCable launched ETC and Sports Plus (now a defunct channel).
- July 1, 2004 – SkyCable changed their hotline number to 631-0000.
- July 1, 2005 – SkyCable changed its channel guide; acquired Sun Cable.
- July 7, 2005 – SkyCable launched Zee News, Zee Cinema, Zee TV, Power TV, Asia Plus, Disney Channel Mandarin and STAR Chinese Movies as premium channels.
- October 1, 2005 – Hero TV aired test broadcast on channel 44.
- October 15, 2005 – SkyCable launched Crime/Suspense.
- December 15, 2005 – SkyCable launched ETC 2nd Avenue (now 2nd Avenue).
- January 1, 2006 – SkyCable rebranded as SkyCable Gold while Home Cable and SunCable as SkyCable Silver.
- February 1, 2006 – Disney Channel Mandarin ceased airing.
- March 16, 2006 – SkyCable launched SkyCable Platinum, offering new channels: Fox News Channel, CNN Headline News (now HLN), CNBC Asia, Adventure One (now Nat Geo Adventure), Playhouse Disney, Discovery Science, Discovery Travel & Living (now TLC), STAR Plus and MGM Channel (formerly MGM Gold).
- SkyCable launched HBO Signature, HBO Hits and HBO Family via SkyCable Platinum's HBO Pak.
- April 11, 2006 – SkyCable launched infomercials on SkyCable Platinum package.
- April 12, 2006 to July 20, 2006 – SkyCable previews platinum channels on SkySked channel 33.
- July 12, 2006 – Channel realignment: QTV (now Q) to channel 24, and ZPDee Channel to channel 11.
- September 1, 2006 – KBS World replaced Arirang TV on channel 75.
- October 19, 2006 – SkyCable main offices were moved to 33rd Floor, Tektite East Tower, Exchange Road, Ortigas Centre, Pasig City.
- November 13, 2006 – UniversiTV premiered on channel 5.
- December 2006 – SkyCable launches its children's club, the SkyCable Fun Club.
- April 12, 2007 – SkyCable launched DZMM TeleRadyo on channel 22, moving MTV Philippines (now a defunct channel) on channel 57 and Channel News Asia to channel 79.
- June 26, 2007 – SkyCable reformatted SkySked on channel 11.
- August 13, 2007 – Channel realignment: DZMM TeleRadyo to channel 26, Zpdee to channel 61, Iglesia Ni Cristo TV to channel 22, and NHK World Premium to channel 78.
- August 15, 2007 – SkyCable launched Makisig Network (formerly Karera Channel) on channel 76.
- September 1, 2007 – Balls conducted test broadcast, aired the 2007 US Open.
- September 15, 2007 – MySky conducted test broadcast on channel 33.
- November 7, 2007 – Channel realignment: Velvet on channel 25, Balls on channel 33 and Maxxx (now a defunct channel) on channel 61 (test broadcast), while CUBEiTV to channel 67.
- January 1, 2008 – SkyCable dropped six Solar Entertainment channels: Basketball TV, ETC, 2nd Avenue, C/S, Jack TV, Solar Sports and launches Balls, AXN Beyond, Fox Crime, Maxxx, Velvet and KidsCo. SkyCable moved Preview Channel on channel 25.
- January 30, 2008 – SkyCable corporate name changed from Central CATV Inc. to SkyCable Corporation.
- February 5, 2008 – Power TV was replaced with Phoenix Chinese Channel.
- February 6, 2008 – SkyCable launched Asian Food Channel on channel 58 moving Da-Ai TV to channel 61.
- March 2008 – SkyCable relaunched Lifestyle Network to a 24/7 channel.
- March 1, 2008 – Asia Plus was replaced with Phoenix InfoNews Channel.
- April 1, 2008 – SkyCable reformatted MySky on channel 33.
- August 9, 2008 – ABC rebranded as TV5, while its interactive TV shopping program Venta 5 is now a 24/7 channel on CUBEiTV.
- September 19, 2008 – SkyCable launched its high definition service by transmitting the 2008 Ryder Cup.
- September 22, 2008 – Discovery Real Time rebranded as Discovery Turbo.
- October 1, 2008 – Discovery Asia Pacific relaunched Discovery Science and Animal Planet.
- October 4, 2008 – C/S 9 rebranded as C/S on RPN.
- October 28, 2008 – SkyCable relaunched Basketball TV on channel 149.
- January 1, 2009 – SkyCable launched FX on channel 156.
- January 15, 2009 – SkyCable launched Zoe TV, ACQ-KBN, and 3ABN.
- February 9, 2009 – Manila Jockey Club (now San Lazaro Broadcasting Network) occupies channel 113 replacing Season Pass.
- February 26, 2009 – Channel [V] International and Makisig Network launches Channel [V] Philippines.
- February 26-March 2, 2009 – Channel 61 aired the Accenture Match Play Championship Games temporarily replacing Da Ai.
- February 27, 2009 – SkyCable launched Euronews and TV Maria on channels 155 and 160, respectively.
- March 1, 2009 – Channel realignment: Channel [V] Philippines from channel 135 to channel 29 while TCT Network and EWTN to channel 60 and 161 respectively.
- March 3, 2009 – SkyCable launched The History Channel (now History), Biography Channel (now Bio), Crime & Investigation Network, FX while platinum channels, CNBC Asia and Arirang TV becomes available for Gold and Silver subscribers respectively.
- March 7, 2009 – Channel realignment: EWTN to channel 61.
- March 29, 2009 – Cinemax rebranded as Max.
- April 17, 2009 – Channel realignment: C/S Origin to channel 33 replacing MySky.
- April 28, 2009 – SkyCable launched Discovery HD (now Discovery HD World) and History HD.
- May 1, 2009 – Channel realignment: Channel [V] Philippines to channel 25. Platinum Preview channel to channel 22.
- July 15, 2009 – SkyCable launched Sci-Fi Channel channel 33 replacing C/S Origin.
- August 6, 2009 – Makisig Network ceased airing.
- August 15, 2009 – SkyCable launched Al Jazeera English News Channel on channel 152.
- September 25, 2009 – SkyCable launched All Sports Network on channel 158 while PBB Double Up 24/7 was added to its lineup on channel 150.
- October 1, 2009 – SkyCable launched All Sports Network.
- November 29, 2009 – Solar Entertainment rebranded C/S 9 to Solar TV.
- December 28, 2009 – SkyCable launched HBO HD and replacing Balls HD on channel 166.
- January 1, 2010 – TCT ceased airing on channel 60.
- January 5, 2010 – Channel realignment: Fox Crime to channel 59 and available only for digital subscribers. Fox to channel 50.
- February 1, 2010 – Channel realignment: Voice of America to channel 149 and Basketball TV to channel 71.
- February 16, 2010 – MTV Philippines ceased airing.
- April 1, 2010 – Discovery HD rebranded as Discovery HD World.
- April 16, 2010 – SkyCable hot line 631-0000 is now also available to SkyCable CAMANAVA subscribers.
- June 1, 2010 – SkyCable launched SBS.
- June 1, 2010 – Channel realignment: History Channel (now History) on channel 64, Crime & Investigation Network on channel 68 and All Sports Network on channel 69.
- July 1, 2010 – SkyCable relaunched MTV Asia and Solar Sports on channel 66 and 70 respectively.
- July 26, 2010 – Sci-Fi rebranded as Universal Channel.
- August 1, 2010 – SkyCable launched STAR Movies HD, Fox Crime HD and National Geographic Channel HD.
- September 1, 2010 – Discovery Travel & Living rebranded as TLC.
- September 19, 2010 – Hallmark Channel rebranded as Diva Universal.
- October 1, 2010 – SkyCable relaunched Jack TV on channel 51 replacing Maxxx.
- October 11, 2010 – Wine TV ceased airing on Channel 131.
- October 26, 2010 – SkyCable launched NBA Premium TV and NBA Premium TV HD channel 63 and 168, respectively.
- November 1, 2010 – SkyCable launched ESPN HD on channel 172.
- November 10, 2010 – SkyCable relaunched Wine TV on channel 131.
- November 15, 2010 – Channel realignment: Asian Food Channel to channel 22. SkyCable Preview Channel to channel 60 and will be available only for subscribers with Digibox. UNTV from channel 21 to channel 33 (for analog) and on channel 58 (for digital). Universal Channel from channel 33 to channel 21. Basketball TV (BTV) from Channel 71 to Channel 33 (for digital) and NBA Premium TV from channel 63 to channel 71 (for digital).
- December 20, 2010 – SkyCable launched CGE.TV on channel 57, a user-generated video channel created by ABS-CBN Interactive.
- January 15, 2011 – SkyCable launched CBeebies on channel 126 replacing Playhouse Disney. Consequently, Playhouse Disney moved to channel 38, taking the slot of KidsCo, the latter moved to channel 135.
- January 24, 2011 – Channel realignment: KidsCo to channel 131 replacing Wine TV. Channel 135 is now a reserved channel.
- February 20, 2011 – Q ceased commercial operation and replaced by GMA News TV test broadcast on channel 24.
- February 28, 2011 – GMA News TV started commercial operation on channel 24.
- March 2, 2011 – ETC moved its programming operation on RPN, while Solar TV ceased commercial broadcast. Talk TV started its test broadcast on channel 16.
- March 21, 2011 – SkyCable launched Digibox iRecord.
- March 26, 2011 – SkyCable temporarily ceased Channel [V] Philippines broadcast and replaced it with Preview Channel on channel 25.
- April 1, 2011 – Talk TV began its proper broadcast on channel 16.
- April 30, 2011 – SkyCable launched AksyonTV on channel 61 moving EWTN to channel 76 as its originating channel.
- July 1, 2011 – Channel realignment: AksyonTV to channel 59, Fox Crime to channel 60, Crime & Investigation Network to channel 67, NBA Premium TV to channel 68, MTV Southeast Asia to channel 71, CGE.TV to channel 72, DW TV Asien to channel 79, TVE to channel 80, TV5MONDE Asie to channel 81, Chinese Entertainment Channel to channel 83, Preview Channel to channel 99 and Living Asia Channel to channel 113. In addition, SkyCable conducted test broadcast of E! on channel 57, launched Thrill on channel 62 and KIX on channel 63, and dropped Channel News Asia and San Lazaro Broadcasting Network to its lineup.
- July 5, 2011 – SkyCable reinstated Channel News Asia on channel 82 and San Lazaro Broadcasting Network on channel 113 (shared programming with Living Asia Channel).
- July 12, 2011 – SkyCable launched E! on channel 57.
- September 1, 2011 – SkyCable launched Fox Family Movies and Nat Geo Wild on channels 61 and 66 respectively.
- October 1, 2011 – Channel realignment: History to channel 25, Preview Channel to channel 11 and launched The Game Channel on channel 84.
- October 15, 2011 – SkyCable launched high-definition channels: HBO Hits HD on channel 169, Fox Family Movies HD on channel 171, STAR World HD on channel 172 and Fox HD on channel 173. Channel realignment: HBO HD to channel 168, Fox Crime HD to channel 174, NBA Premium TV HD to channel 175 and ESPN HD to channel 176.
- November 14, 2011 – SkyCable launched TeleNovela Channel on channel 60 and moved Fox Crime to channel 64.
- December 1, 2011 – SkyCable launched BabyTV on channel 140 replacing Familyland.
- December 15, 2011 – SkyCable launched ASN HD on channel 177.
 Channel line-up
Below is the current programming lineup of SkyCable channels in Metropolitan Manila excluding its Edge lineup and service areas in CAMANAVA (Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas and Valenzuela) and Rizal. The following lists are lifted from its digital platform.
|11||Preview Channel||Plan 280||Currently airs KidsCo until December 22, 2011.|
|13||Shop TV||Plan 280|
|16||Talk TV||Plan 280|
|17||Studio 23||Plan 280|
|18||Net 25||Plan 280|
|20||GEM TV||Plan 280|
|21||Universal Channel||Plan 280|
|22||Asian Food Channel||Plan 280|
|24||GMA News TV||Plan 280|
|25||History||Plus, Max or Silver|
|26||DZMM TeleRadyo||Plan 280|
|28||CNN International||Plan 280|
|29||BBC World News||Plan 280||Available only on digital platform.|
|30||Bloomberg Television||Silver||Available only on digital platform.|
|33||Basketball TV||Plan 280||Available only on digital platform.|
|39||Discovery Channel||Plus, Max or Gold|
|40||Animal Planet||Plus or Gold|
|41||National Geographic Channel||Plan 280|
|42||Knowledge Channel||Plan 280|
|43||Cartoon Network||Plan 280|
|44||Hero TV||Plan 280|
|47||Disney Channel||Plan 280|
|48||STAR World||Plan 280|
|51||Jack TV||Plan 280 or Plan 499|
|52||Lifestyle Network||Plan 280 or Silver|
|53||Velvet||Plan 280 or Silver|
|55||STAR Movies||Plus or Plan 499|
|56||Cinema One||Plan 280|
|58||UNTV||Plan 280||Channel 33 on analog platform.|
|60||TeleNovela Channel||Plan 280|
|61||Fox Family Movies||Silver|
|65||Bio||Plus, Max or Silver|
|66||Nat Geo Wild||Gold|
|67||Crime & Investigation Network||Premium|
|68||NBA Premium TV||Premium|
|69||All Sports Network||Premium|
|70||Solar Sports||Plan 499|
|71||MTV Southeast Asia||Silver|
|73||SkyCable Season Pass||Available only on digital platform.|
|75||KBS World||Plan 280||(Korean)|
|77||Saudi 1||Plan 280||(Arabic)|
|78||NHK World Premium||Silver||(Japanese)|
|79||DW-TV Asien||Plan 280||(German)|
|81||TV5MONDE Asie||Plan 280||(French)|
|82||Channel News Asia||Silver|
|83||Chinese Entertainment Channel||Plan 280||(Chinese)|
|84||The Game Channel||Plan 280|
|99||Preview Channel||Plan 280||Currently airs KidsCo until December 22, 2011.|
|100||HBO Hits||Platinum (HBO Pak)|
|101||HBO Signature||Platinum (HBO Pak)|
|102||HBO Family||Platinum (HBO Pak)|
|105||TCM||Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|106||MGM Channel||Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|110||HLN||Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|111||CNBC||Plus or Gold|
|112||Fox News Channel||Gold|
|113||Living Asia Channel||Plan 280||Shared programming with San Lazaro Broadcasting Network.|
|120||TLC||Max or Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|121||Discovery Home & Health||Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|122||Discovery Turbo||Plus or Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|123||Discovery Science||Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|124||Nat Geo Adventure||Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|125||Boomerang||Platinum (Kids Pack)|
|126||CBeebies||Platinum (Kids Pack)|
|130||Australia Network||Plan 499 or Silver|
|131||KidsCo||Platinum (Kids Pack)|
|132||Fashion TV||Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|136||Iglesia ni Cristo TV||Plan 280|
|140||BabyTV||Platinum (Kids Pack)|
|141||CTS||Platinum (Metro Pack)||(Korean)|
|145||CCTV News||Platinum (Metro Pack)||(Chinese)|
|146||STAR Plus||Platinum (Metro Pack)||(Hindi)|
|147||Arirang TV||Plan 280||(Korean)|
|148||MBC||Platinum (MBC Pack)||(Korean)|
|149||SBS||Platinum (SBS Pack)||(Korean)|
|150||Voice of America||Plan 280||Multilingual|
|151||Al Jazeera English||Silver|
|156||FX||Platinum (Metro Pack)|
|157||Phoenix InfoNews Channel||Premium||(Chinese)|
|158||Phoenix Chinese Channel||Premium||(Chinese)|
|159||STAR Chinese Movies||Premium||(Chinese)|
|160||TV Maria||Plan 280|
|161||Light TV 33||Plan 280||Channel 5 on analog platform.|
|162||Sonshine Media Network International||Plan 280||Channel 95 on analog platform.|
|163||3ABN International||Plan 280||Channel 96 on analog platform|
|164||Discovery HD World||HD Innovation|
|165||History HD||HD Innovation|
|166||National Geographic Channel HD||HD Revolution|
|167||SkyCable Season Pass||PPV HD||This channel assignment may vary from time to time.|
|168||HBO HD||HD Innovation|
|169||HBO Hits HD||HBO Premium Pack|
|170||STAR Movies HD||HD Revolution|
|171||Fox Family Movies HD||HD Revolution|
|172||STAR World HD||HD Revolution|
|173||Fox HD||HD Revolution|
|174||Fox Crime HD||HD Revolution|
|175||NBA Premium TV HD||NBA Premium Pack|
|177||ASN HD||ASN Premium Pack|
 Basic cable packages
In order to be competitive in the cable TV industry, SkyCable adopts an alternative pricing model for its subscribers. It allows its subscribers to select their own packages or channels, comparable to a pay per channel service most generally used in the United States. SkyCable also introduces the package-pricing model typically used by other cable television providers in which channels are classified into packages.
The SkyCable postpaid bundles are categorized into 9 clusters named as Select, 280, Plus, 499, Max, Silver, Gold, Platinum, HD and a separate payment scheme for its Premium/Pay-Per-View.
- Select: It is a customizable plan that allows its subscribers to choose channels on top of their preset package. Select plan is available on existing subscription either from Select 280, Plan 499, Silver or Gold plans and also requires a digital set-top boxes.
- 280: SkyCable Select 280 package consists of more than 20 basic channels on movies, general entertainment, documentaries, kids, sports, music and news.
- Plus: SkyCable Plus package consists of 55 channels.
- 499: Plan 499 package consists of 51 channels.
- Max: SkyCable Max package consists of 58 channels.
- Silver: SkyCable Silver package consists of 74 channels.
- Gold: SkyCable Gold package consists of more than 79 channels.
- Platinum: SkyCable Platinum consists of four packages, namely, HBO Pak, Metro Pack, MBC Pack and the SBS Pack. The HBO Pak includes three additional HBO channels: HBO Hits, HBO Signature and HBO Family. The Metro Pack is a combination of programs on current events, exploration, lifestyle, and flicks; and for the young ones. In addition to its HBO and Metro, the MBC and SBS Pack offers MBC, a South Korean television and radio networks, particularly famous for its dramas and comedies; and SBS or the Seoul Broadcasting System is also a television and radio networks in South Korea offering contents such as drama, entertainment, documentary and animation programs and engaged in the exhibition, concert and other cultural businesses, respectively.
- HD (Innovation, Revolution and Bundle): Currently, there are three HD packages available, the HD Innovation includes Discovery HD World, History HD and HBO HD; HD Revolution comprises Fox Crime HD, STAR Movies HD, National Geographic Channel HD; and HD Bundle that incorporates HD Innovation and Revolution packages; and a separate payment scheme for PPV (pay-per-view) HD and NBA Premium TV HD while ESPN HD will be an add-on channel to its all HD packages.
- Premium/Pay-Per-View: Aside from different postpaid plans, SkyCable also offers premium subscription and pay-per-view scheme to its subscribers on top of their monthly subscription fee.
SkyCable also offers prepaid packages to its cable TV service, the Silver Prepaid and Select Plus Prepaid. It is a prepaid cable TV service based on a non-recurring subscription scheme and allows non-postpaid customers to subscribe to selected channels and pay only for the desire duration of viewing and the service requires a digital addressable set-top boxes. The prepaid plans comes in an array of card denomination to choose from that is suitable to its non-postpaid subscribers. Currently, Silver Prepaid and Select Plus Prepaid packages comes in similar denomination: 3, 15 and 30 days.
- Silver Prepaid: Consists of more than 70 channels.
- Select Plus Prepaid: Consists of more than 60 channels.
 Cable services
SkyCable coverage area for analog cable TV is available in selected areas in Metropolitan Manila and its suburb while its digital services covers key cities in the Philippines. It offers basic to premium cable TV services.
 Digital system
In an ongoing exertion to battle cable piracy and averting illegitimate connections, SkyCable through SkyCable Digital adopts digital video broadcasting for cable or DVB-C. It is a standard for transmitting digital television signal over cable. SkyCable uses digital video compression or distribution through its digital addressable box or the Digibox, a digital set-top box that uses the DVB-C broadcast standard to give its subscribers access to its digital infrastructure.
 Set-top box
The Digibox provides an enhanced viewing experience with features such as crystal clear picture quality; allowing its users to customize its viewing preferences by organizing its channels and useful programming information by its real-time onscreen electronic program guide with highlights and synopsis of every program shown; and an in-house mail function for its technical and corporate announcements. One key feature of the Digibox is the parental control lock that can pre-select channels and set an automatic parental rating level that locks programs or channels. It also has built-in games, the classic Tetris and GoBang.
- First Generation (Black/Silver SD-First Edition): The CDVBC5120 (first edition) is a cable digital receiver used to decode digital program sdistributed by CATV or MMDS. Designed for operators who utilize Irdeto front end, the receiver supports Irdeto CA. The available S/P DIF digital audio output brings users excellent enjoyment. Other features are: powerful single chip LSI SC2005, DVB-C/MPEG2 compliant, multi-QAM demodulation selection over QAM16, QAM32, QAM64, QAM128 and QAM256, mail and message functionality and support for Finger Print Display with aspect ratio of 4:3 and 16:9 on PAL/NTSC resolution.
- Second Generation (Silver SD-Second Edition): The CDVBC5120 (second edition) is a compact standard definition digital receiver. designed for pay TV-terrestrial television operators based on the DVB-C EN300 429 demodulation standard. The product supports MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Layer 1 and 2 for audio decoding on ISO/IEC 13818-3 while its video decoding uses the ISO/IEC 13818-2, MPEG-2 MP@Ml standard with an aspect ratio of 4:3 or 16:9 on PAL/NTSC resolution. It also uses the ISO/IEC 1381801 demultiplexer standard.
- Third Generation (Black SD): The N5166 is a low cost compact SD digital receiver, designed for both free-to-air and pay TV cable services based on the DVB-C EN300 429 demodulation standard. The product is based on ISO/IEC 13818-3 audio standards and supports MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Layer 1 and 2 audio decoding. Its video decoding uses ISO/IEC 13818-2, MPEG-2 MP@Ml standard with an aspect ratio of 4:3 or 16:9 on PAL/NTSC/Auto resolution. It also uses the ISO/IEC 1381801 demultiplexer standard.
- Fourth Generation (White HD): The CDVBC-8750 HDTV provides standard and high definition reception based on the DVB-C EN300 429 demodulation standard using ISO/IEC 13818-1 demultiplexer. Its video decoding uses ISO/IEC 13818-2MP/HL, ISO/IEC 14496 with an aspect ratio of 4:3 or 16:9, and using a 1920x1980 video resolution while its audio uses ISO/IEC 13818-3, AAC, Dolby AC3 on MPEG1 Layer 1 and 2.
- Fifth Generation (Silver SD/HD PVR): is an advanced and full-featured SD/HD DVR digital receiver, optimized for pay-TV cable services. The product provides standard and high definition reception based on MPEG4 (H.264)/MPEG2 and DVB-C standards. With full suite of content protection facilities, it enables viewers to download premium, pay-TV content on its hard disk drive to watch at their convenience. It uses HDMI and cable components, with Dolby Digital sound and digital video broadcasting.
 Smart card
SkyCable Digital’s Digibox conveys programming with encryption to alleviate signal piracy. It utilizes ISO/IEC 7816 smart cards, which transmit digital signals to the receiver to decrypt the programming for viewing. To fully consummate the Digibox, it uses Irdeto Access B.V. smart cards, which are ISO/IEC 7816 compliant. It is given to all subscribers with standard and high definition set-top boxes. The smart card stores the subscriber’s information and the plan to which they subscribe.
 High-definition channels
On September 19, 2008, SkyCable initiated the pay-per-view broadcast of the 2008 Ryder Cup golf tournament in high-definition (HD). It is transmitted in 1080i resolution and paves the way for the Philippines to convey the first HD signal. In July 2009, Skycable also commenced a locally produced HD program through, now the defunct Balls HD, the collegiate basketball tournament—University Athletic Association of the Philippines and the National Collegiate Athletic Association. At present, SkyCable offers nine HD channels accessible through separate payment. Lineup consists of Discovery HD World, History HD, National Geographic Channel HD, HBO HD, NBA Premium TV HD, STAR Movies HD, Fox Crime HD, ESPN HD and the PPV (pay-per-view) HD.
 Personal video recording
On December 8, 2010, SkyCable announced that it would launch a new service similar to U.S.-based TiVo for its high and standard definition services within the first quarter of 2011. Initially, the service will be called PVR or personal video recording, which has a 500GB internal hard drive enough to record 135 hours of cable programs in high definition or 217 hours for its standard definition service. Distinct from regular digital video recorders, the PVR uses the built-in electronic program guide that enables its subscribers which programs to be recorded. The new service will also feature Timeshift, a new way of recording programs to be viewed to at a time more opportune to its subscribers, and that would also allow recording of favorite programs on a time delay basis. Timeshift will also allow its subscribers or has the ability to pause live broadcast and in slow motion. On March 21, 2011, SkyCable launches its first personal video recording in the Philippines, the iRecord. It is an enhanced version of its digibox. It allows subscribers to record cable programs up to 145 hours in standard definition or 86 hours in high definition platform. It comes with a 320GB disk space.
 Former services
 SkyCard Mastercard/SkyCard-Citibank Mastercard
thumb|right|The first cable TV branded credit card in the Philippines. In June 1997, SkyCable in partnership with SolidBank Corporation through Solidcard Products Corp. launches the first cable TV branded credit card in the Philippines, the SkyCard Mastercard. A fully-integrated credit card exclusive to its qualified subscribers. At the height of partnership, First Metro Investment Corp., a financing house of Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company is in talks with SolidBank Corp. for possible merger and acquisition. On June 1, 2000, First Metro Investment Corp. fully acquired the financial and non-real estate resources of SolidBank. And on September 22, 2000, First Metro Investment Corp. completed its acquisition of SolidBank Corp. and its subsidiaries AB Card and Solidcard Products corporations and launches its own brand, the Metrobank Value Mastercard. At the time of the merger, SkyCable through Sky Vision Corporation turned its financial facilities and transferred its SkyCard Mastercard accounts to Citibank N.A. and rebranded it to SkyCard-Citibank Mastercard. Months after it was launched, the SkyCard-Citibank Mastercard failed to reach its target market and eventually ended the partnership.
 Alleged GMA Network signal tampering/distortion
In February 2003, Philippine television network, GMA, one of ABS-CBN closest competitor complained about the alleged tampering, distortion of cable signal and unilaterally rechanneling the free-to-air TV channels in Metropolitan Manila without securing an approval from local authorities, the National Telecommunication Commission. Local authorities decided on April 25, 2003 that SkyCable violated the provisions of Memorandum Circular 4-08-88 and ordered to carry the free-to-air television signal on its system except when theoretically impracticable. It also ordered SkyCable to faithfully and strictly conforms with the requirements and to conclude from randomly changing channel assignments without notice and approval from local authorities. As a result, SkyCable filed a motion for reconsideration addressing the rule invalidate the means as it conflicts with a state law on intellectual property but local authorities denied the motion and directed SkyCable to comply with its previous decision. Consequently, the latter filed another appeal through an appellate court but still rejected their request and ordered them to conform to local authorities resolution.
 Solar Entertainment’s channels ousted
Purportedly losing advertising revenue to Solar Entertainment’s channels which favored by advertisers for its cheaper airtime rates, SkyCable decided in January 2008 to dislodge Solar’s six channels namely, Basketball TV, Solar Sports, ETC, 2nd Avenue, Jack TV and Crime/Suspense) in favor for its in-house programming created by its local subsidiary, Creative Programs, Inc. SkyCable explicates the changes was an introduction of new channels and part of company’s effort to simplify its service and removing redundant channels. The latter wanted to streamline and strengthen its programming, thus launching six new channels, AXN Beyond, Balls, Fox Crime, KidsCo, Maxxx and Velvet. In July 2010, almost two years after SkyCable ousted Solar Entertainment channels; the cable company ties up again with the content provider.
 STAR TV pulled its plug
Due to programming costs, STAR TV pulled its plug over SkyCable while a negotiation was still in the offing. In May 1999, STAR TV decided to unilaterall ceased its entire channel signal and demanded SkyCable to carry STAR Movies, STAR World, STAR Sports, ESPN, Viva Cinema, Channel V, STAR Movies Mandarin (now STAR Chinese Movies) and the National Geographic Channel (formerly NBC Asia) and asked the cable company to pay twice the amount from its original contract. As a result, SkyCable dropped STAR TV channels and its affiliates and launches Lifestyle Network. After three years of absence, SkyCable and its sister company, Home Cable relaunched the STAR TV lineup.
 SkyCable axes AXN
On August 1, 1999, SkyCable axes AXN from its programming lineup due to low and poor content, and too much violence on its programming. In addition to various complains from its subscribers, no new programming lineup was offered by AXN. Consequently, SkyCable replaced AXN with a business channel, Bloomberg Television. In October 2000, AXN resumed its broadcast in SkyCable and offered AXN to its programming lineup as one of its exclusive channels.
 TV5 files complaint
On March 14, 2011 local television network, TV5 through its parent company, Associated Broadcasting Company filed a complaint to the local National Telecommunications Commission against SkyCable. The latter accused SkyCable of unfair practice for refusing to carry its news channel, Aksyon TV. Under NTC Memorandum Circular 4-08-88, all cable and satellite companies in the Philippines must carry all free-to-air local channels on its lineup. On April 1, 2011, SkyCable announced the inclusion of AksyonTV to its lineup effective May 4 on channel 61 which was being occupied by a religious channel, EWTN. However on April 28, 2011, SkyCable said it would start airing the said news channel on April 30, four days earlier from its original pronouncement and it will only be available through its digital platform.
File:SkyCable Digibox CDVBC-5120 First Generation (first edition).jpg
First Generation (CDVBC-5120 - first edition) Standard Definition Digibox
File:Second Generation Second Edition.JPG
Second Generation (CDVBC-5120 - second edition) Standard Definition Digibox
Third Generation (N5166) Standard Definition Digibox
File:Fourth Generation SkyCable Digibox.JPG
Fourth Generation (CDVBC-8750) High Definition Digibox
File:Skycable access card.jpeg
Irdeto Access B.V. smart cards, ISO/IEC 7816 compliant
File:Second Generation Remote Control.JPG
Second Generation (CDVBC-5120) Remote Control
File:First Generation Remote Control.JPG
Third Generation (N5166) Remote Control
File:Fourth Generation Remote Control.JPG
Fourth Generation (CDVBC-8750) Remote Control
- ↑ SkyCable website under Corporate, subcategory Company history
- ↑ SkyCable History Data retrieved via www.mysky.com.ph 10-22-2010
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=637386&publicationSubCategoryId=66
- ↑ http://www.manilatimes.net/business/skycable-to-accelerate-spending-for-cable-broadband-businesses/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 http://www.pse.com.ph/html/ListedCompanies/pdf/2010/ABS_17A_Apr2010.pdf
- ↑ http://www.chanrobles.com/republicacts/republicactno7969.html
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=67845
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 http://www.lopez-holdings.ph/news.php?id=108
- ↑ http://www.lopez-holdings.ph/portfolio.php?id=40
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=96588
- ↑ http://cerphin.net/balita/GMA-Network-opposes-SkyCableHome-Cable-full-consolidation/artikulo/46977/
- ↑ http://business.inquirer.net/money/topstories/view/20110512-336178/Singaporean-firm-gets-40-of-SkyCable
- ↑ SkyCable website under Corporate, subcategory Company history
- ↑ SkyCable website under Corporate, subcategory Company history
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 http://www.hboasia.com/hbo/milestones
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STAR_Sports
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=551394
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 http://www.cargonewsasia.com/timesnet/data/ab/docs/ab1111.html
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 19.3 http://www.newsonnews.net/cnbc/asia/
- ↑ http://www.scribd.com/doc/40626197/Star
- ↑ Asian Institute of Management data
- ↑ HBO Milestones
- ↑ http://www.knowledgechannel.org/about.php
- ↑ http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_1996_June_10/ai_18373452/
- ↑ http://telebisyon.net/Venta5/
- ↑ http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9900EED71F3DF93BA35751C1A961958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1
- ↑ http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-20447074.html
- ↑ http://marshallinside.usc.edu/mweinstein/teaching/fbe552/552secure/notes/International%20cable.html
- ↑ http://www.nbc.com/nbc/header/Corporate_Info8.shtml
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 30.4 http://www.inquirer.net/saturday/jul99wk5/spc_4.htm
- ↑ http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/1650297
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 http://www.asianbanks.net/HTML/Files/MBT%2020001231.pdf
- ↑ http://www.newsflash.org/2004/02/be/be003946.htm
- ↑ http://www.philippines.embassy.gov.au/mnla/medrel1307.html
- ↑ http://www.pcij.org/imag/Media/cabletv2.html
- ↑ http://www.pcij.org/imag/Media/cabletv2.html
- ↑ http://www.pcij.org/imag/Media/cabletv2.html
- ↑ GMAnews.tv, Business News http://www.gmanews.tv/story/101267/Lopez-buys-out-Sun-Cable-prepares-for-SkyCable-share-sale
- ↑ http://www.newsflash.org/2004/02/be/be003946.htm
- ↑ http://www.mgmchannel.com/estonia/press/content/April_6,_2006_1.html
- ↑ http://www.mgmchannel.com/singapore/page/26/10/about-the-mgm-channel.html
- ↑ http://www.gmanews.tv/story/10278/lopez-led-skycable-to-air-gma-7s-qtv-channel
- ↑ DZMM Milestone, www.dzmm.com.ph
- ↑ CASBAA Official Website, www.casbaa.com
- ↑ 45.0 45.1 http://www.gmanews.tv/story/62112/Cable-company-dropping-Solar-channels-effective-Jan1
- ↑ http://www.lopezgroup.org/lgfi/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=278&Itemid=46#startHere
- ↑ http://www.asianfoodchannel.com/press.php?id=13
- ↑ http://www.museumstuff.com/learn/topics/Lifestyle_Network
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 http://www.gmanetwork.com/pdf/Mar%2025%202010%20Briefing%20Materials.pdf
- ↑ http://hd.engadget.com/2008/09/16/sky-cable-philippines-delivers-nations-first-hd-broadcast-with/
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 http://www.onscreenasia.com/article-3621-discoveryturboreplacesrealtimediscoveryscienceandanimalplanetrelaunchacrossasiapacific-onscreenasia.html
- ↑ http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/11/19/08/basketball-tv-now-available-skycable
- ↑ http://www.gmanews.tv/story/129869/BasketballTV-NBA-games-return-to-SkyCable
- ↑ FX is now available in Skycable retrieved via www.fxtvasia.com 01-15-2009
- ↑ http://www.casbaa.com/media-and-resources/news-center/members-news/1141-channel-v-international-and-makisig-network-launch-v-philippines
- ↑ CHANNEL V International and Makisig Network Announce the Launch of Channel V Philippines Tagalog language content block on V International set to launch with an expanded distribution for the channel on Sky Cable retrieved via www.startv.com 02-26-2009
- ↑ CNBC On SkyCable Digital Gold
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 http://www.casbaa.com/media-and-resources/news-center/members-news/1101-aaan-continues-asia-rollout
- ↑ http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/04/28/09/skycable-offers-2-hd-channels-manila-clients
- ↑ http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/04/28/09/sky-cable-goes-picture-perfect
- ↑ Entertainment Section, Inquirer.net www.inquirer.net
- ↑ Makinig Network Wikipage
- ↑ http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20090814075417/Al%20Jazeera%20English%20Launches%20on%20SkyCable
- ↑ http://www.ameinfo.com/206553.html
- ↑ http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/10/10/09/all-sports-network-now-skycable
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=514924
- ↑ Lifestyle, The Manila Times.Net www.manilatimes.net
- ↑ http://lopezlink.ph/business-news/881-skycable-philippines-info-on-mtv-asia
- ↑ CASBAA Member News, http://www.casbaa.com/media-and-resources/news-center/members-news/355-discovery-hd-rebrands-to-discovery-hd-world
- ↑ http://lopezlink.ph/entertainment/1103-new-skycable-channel-lineup
- ↑ http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/268537/universal-channel-launches-rp
- ↑ http://business.inquirer.net/money/topstories/view/20101012-297399/SkyCable-expects-80-of-market-going-digital
- ↑ 73.0 73.1 73.2 73.3 http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=11&pkg=HD&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=40
- ↑ Entertainment, Philippine Star Online www.philstar.com
- ↑ http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view/20101021-298990/Why-Hallmark-bowed-out-of-cable
- ↑ http://www.btv.com.ph/news/nbapremium
- ↑ Business News, December 9, 2010, www.lopezlink.ph
- ↑ http://www.lopezlink.ph/business-news/1461-skycable-channel-realignment-on-nov-15
- ↑ http://beta.cge.tv/default.aspx
- ↑ BBC's pre-school channel, CBeebies launches in the Philippines http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/bbcworldwide/worldwidestories/pressreleases/2011/01_january/cbeebies_philippines.shtml
- ↑ CBeebies Launches In The Philippines httBold textp://www.mediaresearchasia.com/view2.php?type=press&id=1377
- ↑ Manila Bulletin Online, Entertainment News http://www3.mb.com.ph/articles/298427/ikaw-ang-pagibig-excellent-movie-archbishop-legaspi
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/funfare/Article.aspx?articleId=660792&publicationSubCategoryId=70 Fun Fare, Philippine Star
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/page.aspx?pg=mm_announcements&id=73 SkyCable's Digibox iRecord.
- ↑ SkyCable
- ↑ Adobo Magazine
- ↑ http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/336442/history-now-skycable-ch-25
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=733689&publicationSubCategoryId=70
- ↑ http://beta.mysky.com.ph/subpages/cable/postpaid.aspx?intLocId=2
- ↑ http://www.telenovelachannel.com
- ↑ http://www.babytv.com/around-the-world.aspx
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=9&pkg=Select&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=41
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=14&pkg=280&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=42
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/packages.aspx?id=13&pkg=Plus&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=43
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=16&pkg=499&pg=Add-ons&subid=22&cid=46
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/packages.aspx?id=12&pkg=Max&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=44
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=3&pkg=Silver&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=16
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=2&pkg=Gold&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=8
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=617657&publicationSubCategoryId=66
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=1&pkg=Platinum&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=1
- ↑ http://www.alacrastore.com/company-snapshot/Seoul_Broadcasting_System_SBS-1094022
- ↑ SkyCable HD Packages http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=11&pkg=HD&pg=Description&subid=1&cid=40
- ↑ 103.0 103.1 http://www.skycable.com/mm_post_packages.aspx?id=11&pkg=HD&pg=Channel+Line-up&subid=6&cid=47
- ↑ http://lopezlink.ph/promos-and-offers/1388-skycable-digibox-redefines-tv
- ↑ http://lopezlink.ph/component/content/article/73-cover-story/1144-brave-new-sky
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/prepaid/compare.html
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/prepaid/compare.html
- ↑ http://www.malaya.com.ph/03192010/busi7.html
- ↑ 109.0 109.1 http://www.mysky.com.ph
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/article.aspx?articleid=462192
- ↑ http://coship-electronics-co-ltd.tradenote.net/product/295502-Irdeto-CA-Digital.html
- ↑ http://www.tbcintegration.com/coship_pdfs/cdvbc5120ac.pdf
- ↑ http://coshipstb.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008800223599/pdtl/DVB-S-receiver/1030753784/DVB-S-Receiver.htm
- ↑ http://receiver.dreamboxfile.com/coship/coship-cdvb-8750-hdtv-mpeg-2/
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/2010/sep/digiexpert.html
- ↑ http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/09/16/sky-cable-philippines-delivers-nations-first-hd-broadcast-with/
- ↑ http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/07/09/09/uaap-season-72-opens-historic-style
- ↑ http://www.skycable.com/page.aspx?pg=mm_announcements&id=53
- ↑ Inquirer.Net Business News http://business.inquirer.net/money/topstories/view/20101208-307840/SkyCable-projects-double-digit-growth-in-subscriber-base-in-2011
- ↑ BusinessWorld Online, Business News http://www.bworldonline.com/main/content.php?id=22592
- ↑ http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/03/21/11/philippines-now-has-its-own-tivo
- ↑ http://www.id.linkedin.com/in/billymontinola+citibank+mastercard+skycable&cd=17&hl=tl&ct=clnk&gl=ph
- ↑ http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-62407154/metrobank-eyes-lower-profit.html
- ↑ http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/manila-bulletin/mi_7968/is_2008_Oct_9/gma-network-upheld-skycable/ai_n35386090/
- ↑ http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=596532
- ↑ http://www.pep.ph/news/28702/(UPDATED)-TV5-files-complaint-against-Sky-Cable-for-its-continued-refusal-to-include-Aksyon-TV-in-its-channel-line-up
- ↑ http://www.interaksyon.com/article/978/tv5-files-complaint-vs-sky-cable-for-inaction-on-aksyontv
 External links
- Official Website
- Official Corporate Website
- SkyBroadband Website
- SkyVoice Website
- Benpres Holdings Corporation
- Lopez Link monthly newsletter of the Lopez Group
|Cable and satellite television provider in the Philippines|
|Metropolitan Cable TV||SkyCable · Global Destiny · Cablelink|
|Provincial Cable TV||USATV (Pangasinan) · SPC Cable (San Jose del Monte, Bulacan) · Royal Cable (Sta. Rosa, Laguna) · Telmarc Cable (Laguna) · Kalibo Cable (Aklan and Antique) · Cable Star Iloilo (Iloilo and Rizal) · Parasat Cable TV (Cagayan de Oro)|
|Satellite TV||Dream · G Sat · GV Sat · Cignal|