Santrans Corporation (SANTRANS) is a bus company servicing Metro Manila to the urban areas of Central Luzon. The company is very famous in San Jose Del Monte City, Bulacan for having reckless drivers and arrogant conductors. There are many vehicular accidents that the company has committed since its foundation, and most of the victims of those accidents are dead. There are rumors that those victims were intentionally killed by the drivers (inatrasan ng driver is the term used by local citizens).
Due to its infamy, the corporation has earned many nicknames that were given by the citizens and its passengers. Among of the nicknames are death bus, killer bus, running casket (Fil., tumatakbong kabaong), Satan's bus and others.
The bus company is named after its sole founder, Severino Santos. Now, the company is presently operated by Silverio and Eleonor Santos.
Santrans started servicing the EDSA corridor in the early 90s.
The company's area of coverage extends from Metro Manila to central provinces of Bulacan, Pampanga, Tarlac, and Pangasinan. Its main terminal is located in Cubao, Quezon City and in Avenida Sta. Cruz, Manila. It generally uses ordinary buses as its main fleet. Air-conditioned buses with ordinary fare services EDSA and its northern routes.
Its Metro Manila service is primarily the EDSA corridor and Sapang Palay-Avenida route.
Santrans uses Nissan Diesel, Daewoo and Yutong engine in their operations. Buses in their fleet are mostly built by Santarosa Philippines. Other old units are rehab by Del Monte Motor Works Inc.
Unbelievably, Santrans also has colorum(unregistered units) bus units. The LTFRB has oftentimes watched on the company because of some complaints of some passengers on overspeeding and questionable acquisition of units.
Del Monte City Trans is a sister company of Santrans. It services routes from Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan to Sta. Cruz, Manila via NLEX Marilao Exit by the use of air-conditioned units built by Santarosa Motorworks.
Sanstar is also a provincial commuter bus for local residents traveling between the cities of Tarlac, Urdaneta and Dagupan.
BBTSC (Bagong Buhay Transport Services Corp.), is a new sister company of Santrans servicing also from Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan to Sta. Cruz, Manila via NLEX Bocaue Exit. At present, the company is using Daewoobus and Yutong Ordinary units.
- Baclaran-Norzagaray, Bulacan via EDSA Fairview Commonwealth Avenue - all units are ordinary and uses old livery, which are red stripes located below the bus.
- NAIA-Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan via EDSA Fairview Commonwealth Avenue - uses new livery design.
- Avenida, Manila-Sapang Palay, San Jose del Monte, Bulacan via Bocaue Exit NLEX
- Alaminos City, Pangasinan
- Anda, Pangasinan
- Baguio City, Benguet
- Bayambang, Pangasinan
- Binalonan, Pangasinan
- Calumpit, Bulacan
- Dagupan City, Pangasinan
- Lucena City , Quezon
- Mabalacat, Pampanga (Dau Bus Terminal)
- Malasiqui, Pangasinan
- Norzagaray, Bulacan
- San Carlos City, Pangasinan
- San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan
- San Nicolas, Pangasinan
- San Quintin, Pangasinan
- Tarlac City, Tarlac
- Tayug, Pangasinan
- Urbiztondo, Pangasinan
- Urdaneta City, Pangasinan
- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Santrans-Corporation/186403838677?v=app_2373072738#!/pages/Santrans-Corporation/186403838677?v=wall - Santrans Corporation Official Facebook Fan Page