San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Cavite
San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Cavite
|Motto||Caritas et Scientia|
|Type||Private, Augustinian Recollects|
|President||Rev. Fr. Joseph Granada, OAR|
|Location||Cavite City, Philippines|
|Colors||Green and Gold|
San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Cavite Inc. (SSC-R de Cavite/Baste) is a private Catholic Institution located at Cavite City. It was established in 1966 by the Augustinian Recollects with only 281 students in the secondary and tertiary levels. In 1986, it became co-educational, opening schooling opportunities for women. In 2006, it opened a new campus located at Cañacao that is being used by Pre-school, Elementary and High School students. The Main Campus at Sta. Cruz became exclusively for college students. Tertiary programs include courses in Commerce, Criminology, Engineering, Liberal Arts, and Nursing while a [Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is offered as a Post-Graduate Course.
San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Cavite was founded in 1966, following the Recollect Father's work in the City of Cavite. Recollect Convents and Churches were established in the Port Town of Cavite as early as 1616 as part of the missionary activities of the Order of Augustinian Recollects following the St. Augustine's Rule.
Under the school's first year of operation, the campus had one building being shared by 281 students, both in the High School and College departments and the Fathers, as their residence. The 1970's saw the population growth of the College and in 1977, a four-storey right wing extension was built to meet the growing demand.
The building featured a chapel and an auditorium. In 1983, the Fathers moved out from the campus to a once small gymnasium at the back of the campus to enable students to use more of the building's amenities.
In 1995, the St. Ezekiel Moreno building was built. The five-story building was the site of the New High School and College Libraries, Laboratories (Computer, Criminology, Mass Communications) and a Small Gymnasium located at the fifth floor. This gymnasium was then converted into the HRM laboratory in 2003.
An annex building, St. Joseph the Worker, was constructed months after the inauguration to further accommodate the growing student population. It featured an Instructional Media Center, a conference room at the penthouse. In 2001, another building, Our Lady of Consolation, was inaugurated which made additional Engineering laboratories, offices and more classrooms. The main building was named Saint Augustine Building in April 2009.
In 2001, the school was able to purchase a reclaimed lot, owned and developed by the Baron family near Samonte Park in the Cañacao District as the site of the Future Grade School and High School Campus. In August 19,2004, the Recoletos Fourth Centennial Gymnasium was inaugurated and blessed. In the school year 2006-2007, the High School Department moved to the new campus and a Pre-School and Grade School Department opened to the public. The Pre-School and Grade School earned Government Recognition last School Year 2008-2009.
The Cañacao Campus was opened in June 5, 2006 and it houses
- Elementary (Grades I -VI)
- High School (First to Fourth Year)
The High School Department was originally located at the Main Campus in Sta. Cruz. The Pre-School and Elementary Departments are newly created departments for the school's expansion.
The Main Campus originally housed both High School and College departments, but with the opening of the new campus in Cañacao, it became exclusive for College and the MBA program. The college department offers the following courses.
- College of Accountancy, Business Administration and HRM
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management
- College of Criminal Justice Education
- Bachelor of Science in Criminology
- College of Engineering and Computer Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major In Industrial Technology Management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Associate in Automotive Technology
- Associate in Computer Technology
- Associate in Electronics Technology
- Associate in Industrial Technology Management
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts Major in Economics with Specialization in Production Management
- Bachelor of Arts Major in English
- Bachelor of Arts Major in Mass Communication with Specialization in Public Relations
- Bachelor of Arts Major in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Economics
- College of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Caregiver Program
- Graduate School
- Master in Business Administration
San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Cavite participates in sporting events such as:
- Fr. Martin's Cup
- National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (SSCR de Cavite serves as Auditor of NAASCU Board)
- Universities, Schools and Colleges Athletic Association
- Cavite Schools and Colleges Athletic Association
The School Sports Team was formerly known as SSC-R Hawks but now, the team uses Baycats. The derivation of the word Baycats as the team mascot was derived from the nature of Cavite City, a City surrounded by Three Bays, namely: Bacoor, Cañacao and Manila Bays. the team mascot is also named after the Bornean cat.
Recollect Schools in the Philippines
As part of Recollect School tradition, selected students go to an annual event called SCORES or the Student Congress of Recollect Schools in the Philippines. Hosting of the event rotates among five schools, CST-R, SSC-R de Cavite, SSC-R de Manila, UNO-R Bacolod, and USJ-R and schools who do not host send representatives. Such event is held to be able to forge bonds and establish relationships among students from different Recollect schools in the country.
- Colegio de Santo Tomas - Recoletos, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental
- San Pedro Academy, Valencia, Negros Oriental
- San Pedro Academy - Recoletos, Caidiocan, Valencia, Negros Oriental
- San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Cavite, Cavite City
- San Sebastian College - Recoletos - Manila, Quiapo, Manila
- San Sebastian College - Recoletos - Manila(Canlubang, Calamba Campus)
- University of Negros Occidental - Recoletos, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental
- Colegio de San Nicolas de Tolentino - Recoletos, Talisay City, Negros Occidental
- University of San Jose - Recoletos, Cebu City
- University of San Jose - Recoletos (Basak and Balamban Campuses)
- Recoletos Communications
- Colegio de Santo Tomas - Recoletos
- San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Cavite
- San Sebastian College - Recoletos de Manila
- University of Negros Occidential - Recoletos
- University of San Jose - Recoletos
|National Collegiate Athletic Association Season 83|
|Letran||Benilde/LSGH||JRU||Mapúa||San Beda||San Sebastian||UPHD|
|Knights||Blazers||Heavy Bombers||Cardinals||Red Lions||Stags||Altas|
|Squires||Greenies||Light Bombers||Red Cubs||Staglets||Altalettes|
|Lady Knights||Lady Blazers||Lady Stags||Lady Altas|
|The PCU Dolphins are suspended for the 2007-08 season.|