Samson College of Science and Technology
From WikiPilipinas: The Hip 'n Free Philippine Encyclopedia
Samson College of Science and Technology provides technical-vocational and computer-based education to produce skillful and competent Filipino human resources who will be able to adapt to technological advancement and industrial needs.
Founded in 1934 as State Fashion School by Attorney Enrique Del Pilar Samson and Mrs. Angeles Topacio Samson, an instructor from the National Teachers College. This was initially located in a small room at No. 25 Potenciana St. Intramuros, Manila with one student in dressmaking. Soon with branches in Baguio City, Bulacan, and in Escolta, in 1951, it was renamed Samson Automotive and Trade School to specialize in the need for skilled industrial workers.
Under the corporate name Samson Institute of Technology Inc., the school was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission in 1961.
With the demise of its founder, their youngest son Mr. Ferdinand T. Samson took charge of the school’s administration as President and Chairman of the Board from 1987 to the year 1994. With Mr. Gerald S. Aycardo assisting him as Executive Vice President and Treasurer.
In the year 1994 to the present Mr. Aycardo took over as both President and Chairman of the Board. He has transformed this vocational school, Samson Institute of Technology to a college , Samson College of Science and Technology.
- "Technical Schools." Filipino Links. http://www.filipinolinks.com/Education/Higher_Learning/Technical_Schools/index.html (accessed on 27 December 2007)
 External Link