Roel John Judilla
Roel John C. Judilla (b. Aug 1973) is a Filipino engineer and inventor who has become known in recent years for heading research and development teams in developing inventions such as an electric car and a robot with the ability to defuse and dispose of bombs. In his inventions he attempts to make use of low-cost materials available in the Philippines.firstname.lastname@example.org
Judilla was able to complete his degree in Master of Engieering (Mechanical Engineering) at the Mapua Institute of Technology in 1998, under a scholarship awarded to him by the Department of Science and Technology.
He is currently a Philippine Navy lieutenant in active reserve and has headed two research and development groups in developing automated weapon control system known as the Trident Strike and the Spearhead for the Navy. These are movable firing platforms for machine guns that allow the Navy to maximize the use of its weapons.
In recent years, Judilla has worked on the team of the Multi-Agency Investigation Task Force of the Glorietta 2 Explosion, investigating the cause of the 2007 Glorietta blast. Also in 2007, he began working with a team appointed by the government to develop an electric car, the Philippine Electric Vehicle (PEV). The following year, he started working on the development of a remote-control bomb disposal robot with a team which included Mapua students. He designed the MAC robot and shared the patent with the school and members of the research and development team out of gratitude for assistance in completing his master’s degree. He was inspired to develop this robot out of inexpensive local materials after seeing television footage of PNP officials handling possible bomb packages.
An associate professor of Mapua, Judilla has served a 6 year term as dean as well.
Some of his achievements
- 2008 Director of Mapua Alumni Liaison office
- 2006 President of the Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers NCR Academe Chapter
- 2005 Dean of the Mapua Institute of Technology’s School of Mechanical Engineering
- SMART Bomb Disposal Robot 
- Glorietta 2 Explosion Report (Accessed January 22, 2009).
- ”Groups Link up to Produce 300,000 Peso Pinoy Electric Car.” In GMANews.Tv, May 8, 2007. (Accessed January 22, 2009).
- PSME (Accessed January 22, 2009).
- Suarez, Ike. “Pinoy Engineer Builds Bomb Disposal Robot.” In GMANews.TV. (Accessed January 22, 2009).